Stand Up Paddle > SUP General

Our Australian Neighbours

<< < (2/6) > >>

Wetstuff:
Gizz...  No need to spread your pollution here.  You're playing the victim here, but were the Azzhole in Chief on the Breeze. Things below the Equator seem like a scrum a lot of the time, as Aussies and Kiwis can be a frisky lot, but you were clearly the rawest canker on the forum. 

Had I been Sunnova - I would have had 2 or 3 people look at the board.  The pictures you posted didn't support what my (admittedly limited) understanding of delamination looks like. It appeared you dropped an elbow or otherwise dinged it yourself and poured out buckets of Croc's tears.  Your presentions on the Breez didn't give me confidence that you would likely be truthful.  You whined about everybody involved in the transaction.   

Had I been Sunnova, I would have sent you a large F-You sticker to put over the ding.

Jim

Bean:
Geez Jim, you're being awful hard on that Kiwi...

Badger:
I agree with Wetstuff. It didn't sound like a delam or manufacturers defect to me, but rather a typical ding. The rails on both my Sunovas have dings. I can see how someone with less experience with the materials might think it was delaminating. A few better worded inquiries and photos from Gizzee might have made the truth more obvious. Instead, Gizzee took another route, demanding satisfaction and inundating the Breeze with a hundred or more posts. He started threads where he simply kept replying to himself every five minutes to make sure everyone noticed his tirade. It was no surprise to me at all that they suspended him from the forum.

It will be interesting to see Gizzees reaction when his new board gets dinged. Will he claim another delam or realize that it's just a ding?

southwesterly:

--- Quote from: Wetstuff on March 26, 2017, 11:37:10 AM ---Gizz...  No need to spread your pollution here.  You're playing the victim here, but were the Azzhole in Chief on the Breeze. Things below the Equator seem like a scrum a lot of the time, as Aussies and Kiwis can be a frisky lot, but you were clearly the rawest canker on the forum. 

Had I been Sunnova - I would have had 2 or 3 people look at the board.  The pictures you posted didn't support what my (admittedly limited) understanding of delamination looks like. It appeared you dropped an elbow or otherwise dinged it yourself and poured out buckets of Croc's tears.  Your presentions on the Breez didn't give me confidence that you would likely be truthful.  You whined about everybody involved in the transaction.   

Had I been Sunnova, I would have sent you a large F-You sticker to put over the ding.

Jim

--- End quote ---

Nice spunky reply Wetstuff. Although I don't know the facts in this case, your post is what the Zone has been lacking in anything except the Shitshow thread...passion.

Love it, let's keep it up mofos.

Wetstuff:
I was thinking later: How could I possibly comment on Gizz's claim looking at a picture he posted from my internet perch 40,000mi away?!  That was dumb of me to comment.  But... there was one person who did see the board, the dealer.  It took a minute to find his Breeze post;

"I have the board with me - i.m.o. it is an impact/pressure delam , not a manufacturing defect.. i should know the difference by now. Also we offered him a shorter board if he so wished - which he did." 

"know the difference by now" is undefined, but it would have been easy to have a respected board repair person give a second opinion. I would think there should be a 'process' pretty much agreed upon by mfr's/distributors/dealers... a predictable process to investigate and honor warranty claims.  Anyone in business knows there are passive-aggressive schmucks like Gizz that make a public fuss, having an effect on the public's perception of the company named.  The internet is a difficult environment for a company to navigate: win-you-loose, loose-you-loose.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version