Author Topic: Any Zoners using "Primal Damage Control" supplements?  (Read 2919 times)

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Any Zoners using "Primal Damage Control" supplements?
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:35:38 PM »
I really like the info on Mark's Daily Apple...it seems like a bottomless well of interesting health/nutrition topics. Mark is about my age and we seem to have similar fitness goals of getting the best quality of life we can for as long as we can...that said...

I know some of you are, or have been paleo...have you ever ordered any of his supplements...I'm looking at at the working man version (price wise) called "primal damage control"($50 a month) ....at $130 a month his "Master Formula" is beyond what I can spend.
Have any of you guys tried it? What were your results? Is it worth $50 for a month supply or can I do 90% as well with a $10 a bottle of GNC multi vitamins bought on sale? Worth it ?or just the same old same stuff under a different label?

I've gotten a lot of good free info off Marks site and have no problem giving him my business if it worth the money...inquiring minds want to know....

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any Zoners using "Primal Damage Control" supplements?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:13:23 AM »
Really? With all the athletes and former hard core athletes on this forum no one has ever used these? Or has a suggestion for an alternative? I thought this thread would be a couple pages long by now...

warmuth

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 09:35:03 AM »
 Do you feel like you have health issues or some type of deficiency? That's a case for looking into supplements that may help. For every other reason they're a waste of money.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
The notion of supplements for a diet that theoretically duplicates the one our ancestors thrived on, and which we deviate from at our peril, is a ridiculous contradiction. I generally like Mark's Daily Apple, but remember that his background is compounding and selling snake oil--replacement diet shakes, supplements, etc.. It's probably the biggest source of income from the site. If you think 50 bucks a month for ten bucks worth of vitamin supplements is worthwhile--go ahead. Won't hurt you other than costing you 600 bucks a year for something you probably don't need.

But the truth is you already knew this.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 05:13:42 PM »
Thanks guys...your very perceptive Pono...as usually...that's why I'm asking here.

I don't buy into the Paleo premise of the cave man Groc...or whatever they call him, but the wife and I do eat Low Carb very similar in many ways to how Mark's Palio system works. Figure out how much protein needed based on lean muscle mass, set a carb upper limit and fill in the rest with quality fats. We have done this off and on for about 15 years recommended by our doctor ....feeling great when on our "plan" and feeling like crap when we go off the rails back to a more normal American Diet.

In the past, at a younger age (always guilty of some level of cronic cardio) I could get away with it. 3-1/2 years ago I got a desk job and my responsibilities and hours keep growing to where getting any cardio other than on the weekends is nearly impossible.

My variety of food is not too wide, more out of lack of time and limited likes, hence the reason I'm looking into supplements to fill in the gaps. I have been overall very health my whole life and want to keep it that way.

I do have a gluten intolerance diagnosed right before I went grain free...before that I had excruciating migraines pretty much at least once a week for the fifty two years of my life, doctors never tested for gluten...they would rather prescribe the obseanly expensive maxalt to mask the symptoms. So gluten free might be the latest fad for some but for the rest of us it's a life changer. No grains, no gluten, no headaches. It might sound like a contradiction to say I've had good health all my life,  but suffering with headaches is a far cry from what a lot of people go through health wise. So I consider myself blessed with good health.

I've taken multi vitamins before, with very modest improvement. I did take CoQ10 in the past with some noticeable improvements in endurance when surfing. Thought I'd throw the question out here on the zone about the supplements to see what your experience has been. Don't like to spend money without doing my due diligence. Sounds like my suspisions are confirmed.

Have to add...my wife was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetics and put on medication for it...we went back to our low carb eating and she was taken off the meds in two weeks...and lost 45 lbs in two months at a sit down job with almost zero exercise. In the spirit of Bobby Bushe mom "grains are of the devil".

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal