Stand Up Paddle > Gear Talk

So I bought a Hobie Eclipse Mirage...

<< < (2/11) > >>

surfcowboy:
Cant wait to watch this come together.

Night Wing:
I'll be interested to see how well you like it on the water. Looking forward to your review of it.

lucabrasi:
Cool. Will be interesting to see the tweaking mods.
Every time I was out chasing carp and missed a cast last year because the fish was gone by the time I put my paddle down, grabbed my rod, and then loaded the line I thought about you and your "perfect fishing machine..." or (however that exactly went) comment about this thing. That light went off so bright when you said that it is still burning.

outcast:
Why don't you just go balls-out and hook the handlebars up to a foil on the bottom side and pump that beast into a glide pattern?

stoneaxe:

--- Quote from: outcast on March 21, 2017, 05:48:27 AM ---Why don't you just go balls-out and hook the handlebars up to a foil on the bottom side and pump that beast into a glide pattern?

--- End quote ---

Already been done...fastest thing I've ever been on. I forget his name but a very interesting guy brought one to a demo that Sailworld put on 5 or so years ago. He had it mounted in an 11 or 12' all-around board and it was FAST. He didn't have a fixed foil but a setup like a whales tail under the board that flapped up and down. The motion using it was like pumping up an inflatable. He also brought it to the Challenge on the Charles and despite being in his seventies and no athlete he was right up near the front of the pack until he hit the weeds in the lagoon.....dead stop. A strong athlete with that gizmo on a race board....I bet maintaining 9 or 10mph would be easily doable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version