Author Topic: Fat bike trailer  (Read 9278 times)

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Fat bike trailer
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2017, 08:54:35 PM »
There's tons of good helmets out here but I just picked up an all-round skate style S1 helmet.  Mostly impressed with the huge range of fit, 3 shell sizes with s-xxl liners for each and reasonable $'s.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 05:32:05 AM »
$50.....sold.... :)

How about xxxl....I have a very large noggin.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 07:26:20 AM »
Great Vintage shots Wardog.  Legend traveler status!

No doubt it's fun to peddle to your local...and, sometimes you get it without anyone around...but, I've had better luck scoring empty surf lineups using planes, boats, & automobiles...;-)
Fortunate to have a collection of camping and surfing travel adventures to draw from...including the Baja bush pilot mode of recreational transportation with a board...;-)

https://youtu.be/d-qrlwuFqJI

https://youtu.be/gkS3eaGuorc

I wore a Gath helmet surfing for a spell after having my clock rang while learning to loop on a sailboard...and, used it on my Trail 90...
Though not specifically tested for bikes...Gath does have info on their site regarding possible dual purpose (land/water) use...and, testimony from someone wearing one during a mountain bike crash at 30mph...

https://www.gathsports.com/testimonials.php

https://www.gathsports.com/faqs.php

"I notice the Gath helmets are very flexible and lightweight, HOW STRONG are Gath helmets compared to other lightweight sports helmets...???"

The best way to answer this question is to direct readers to an independent article on the subject of rigid helmets verses flexible helmets www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/hatz/
This article total supports the FLEXI DESIGN CONSTRUCTION, the same design principle Gath has been incorporating since 1988 and continues to stand by today. It is the same design principle adopted by car manufacturers many years ago, a car that partially crumbles will absorb the impact energy better than a more rigid car that will not crumble, the impact energy is transferred, rather than absorbing and dispersin the force of the blow. Gath helmets have been used by the world's elite sports professionals and sports enthusiasts in a large number of extreme sports and weather conditions that test a helmet to its limits in both strength and durability and impact absorbing properties. Gath's IMPRESSIVE 20 year safety record speaks for itself and is supported by the numerous testimonials from customers claiming their Gath has saved them from serious injury or even saved their life.

An example of these testimonies is from a Gath Team rider wearing his Gedi in a high speed downhill bicycle accident. Thrown from his bike and slammed the back of his head (Gath Gedi) onto a hard gravel surface, he walked away with only his pride damaged and shortly after wrote to Gath to praise his Gedi for saving him from serious injury (testimony will be posted soon on this website). Even though Gath does not recommend use of Gath helmets for cycling or for other land based sports, and Gath's range of helmets have not been submitted for testing to cycle standards, this and many other real life incidents that the Gath helmets have withstood supports the Gath FLEXI DESIGN construction and suggests that impact properties exceed intended use.
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2017, 07:17:52 PM »
I had a good friend that did a lot of flights into Mexico. That plane with the broken gear might be one of his, though he usually did most of his ditching on this side of the border. I don't think he surfed though. We got into a tiff over his girlfriend. She later sold him out to the DEA, so I guess he won that one--or maybe I did. I connected with him on Facebook a few years ago. He's a preacher in Oklahoma now. I'd rather just be shot.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2017, 06:07:50 PM »
I'll likely try both. The side load probably makes more sense. If I want to bring more gear and need the trailer I can just take my truck. There are occasional wind surfers and kiters at this beach but never anyone else surfing and most aren't local meaning they don't have permits for 4wd on the beach to the point. Residents only out there so I've never had one....now I will....... ;D 8)
Latest Google maps shot of my local.....big  change in the bar...looks like the real long waves might be gone at the moment... :'(.....but the shot was taken on a day it was breaking....looks like small stuff at low tide.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:14:21 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2017, 07:54:51 PM »
Beach beaks are a lot like the stock market, it's best to think long term. Those bars will be back...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal