Author Topic: Cold water immersion - Vid  (Read 17980 times)

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Cold water immersion - Vid
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 07:15:01 AM »
Burchas, do have any experience with Nelo yet?

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 01:10:55 PM »

Yes. Not the perfect SUP PFD. If you're just cruising and want a reasonably priced low profile PFD it might work.
Works much better if you have a bigger bust. Flat chested will require the crotch strap to prevent from riding up and it's awkward.

Sizing not an issue at all, will fit most people. Not a good fit for performance paddling imo. The shoulder trim might create neck chafing for Stand-Up
or Canoe paddlers. I didn't even bother taking it out, just going through the motions for few second with the PFD on and I knew it's going back.

Replaced it with a new Vaikobi PFD.
in progress...

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 01:28:14 PM »

Yes. Not the perfect SUP PFD. If you're just cruising and want a reasonably priced low profile PFD it might work.
Works much better if you have a bigger bust. Flat chested will require the crotch strap to prevent from riding up and it's awkward.

Sizing not an issue at all, will fit most people. Not a good fit for performance paddling imo. The shoulder trim might create neck chafing for Stand-Up
or Canoe paddlers. I didn't even bother taking it out, just going through the motions for few second with the PFD on and I knew it's going back.

Good to know.  I’ll contact Vaikobi and see if they have one that might fit me.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 05:09:25 PM »

Good to know.  I’ll contact Vaikobi and see if they have one that might fit me.

They have sizing chart on each product page, was useful and accurate for me before.
https://tcsurfski.com/product-category/pfds-life-jackets/
in progress...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal