Author Topic: New Jimmy Lewis Foil board  (Read 4143 times)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
New Jimmy Lewis Foil board
« on: March 04, 2017, 04:24:19 AM »
check it out. It should be good coming from Jimmy.

http://jimmylewis.com/shop/standup/foil/

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: New Jimmy Lewis Foil board
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »
Is the price in Pesos?

Kookalicious

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:21:13 PM »
Looks the part but a lotta coin for a "foil only" option. Wonder why they didn't add some normal fin boxes.... I think the carbon Hypernut is around $2200 but at least you get a quad setup, foot straps and coiled leash. Anyway, I want cut down one of my old sups and see what I can come up with on the cheap.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 05:48:52 PM »
Is the price in Pesos?

$1500 for a foil board seems like what most others are charging. I don't imagine these are going to be common in the market at least for a while.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 07:20:56 PM »
Am I the only one that likes that shape to surf with and forget about the foiling?

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »
Am I the only one that likes that shape to surf with and forget about the foiling?
It's like one of Timmy Patterson's Flying Saucer's blown-up. I like it too.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »
I thought the same thing. I want one in 9'.  Jimmy says he owes me one, that might be it.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 12:13:06 AM »
Had my first try today on Chris's 8'6" by 27".  I've never been able to stand on a board that size before and initially I had a very difficult time just standing on this foil version.  The foil felt weird under the board and secondary recovery just wasn't there for me while standing.  But after about five tries I finally stood centered enough and forward enough to get going.  The foil felt stabilizing once I began paddling.  Surf was small and it never lifted for me but it felt like it was releasing while I rode. 

So my choice will be a wider board, closer to Sam's which is 31"  I don't think width will be any penalty once it's up.  The consensus is that length is a bigger deal with shorter being better for pumping.   You ready to pump old buddy?  You get a new knee yet?  You're gonna need it.

There is talk of a hybrid between the Kai and the Maliko.  The Kai being more maneuverable and the Maliko lifting at lower speed. 

SURFFOILS

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 01:15:10 AM »
Is the price in Pesos?

$1500 for a foil board seems like what most others are charging. I don't imagine these are going to be common in the market at least for a while.
Of course the solution is to have a system that retrofits to any surfcraft, new or old... just saying...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal