Author Topic: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]  (Read 345996 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: What a got damn shitshow. [warning politics]
« Reply #1260 on: May 19, 2017, 11:58:30 AM »
Sad. But somehow people cling to whacky notions regardless of evidence to the contrary. Look at all the people who believe the universe is 10,000 years old--like VP Pence for example.

Yeah Pence scares me. He will also be harder to get unstuck from power since the evangelicals do not seem too preoccupied with reality. I still think Ryan is hoping for a twofer.

mjb1959

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2017, 05:37:59 PM »
i know i posted something like this before... 3 things Trump has accomplished
(there are more)
A. Neil Gorsuch
2. just from the thought of enforcing immigration law as it exists... illegals way down
c. cracking down on regulatory state

food for thought, from Frank Luntz

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: May 20, 2017, 03:45:43 AM »
The balls-ups and failures far outnumber any successes, surely?

And now there's the "nut-job" cock-up.

"Donald Trump called the ongoing Russia investigation a "witch hunt", but reporters have just found a boiling cauldron and a closet full of broomsticks". :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39983257

Tomorrow no doubt he's going to cause some diplomatic disaster in the Middle East (although in the interests of balance it's only fair to point out that he is currently more popular in Saudi Arabia than Obama was).

I don't know what measure you'd use to compare the competency of all US Presidents through history so far. But surely Trump could so far be in the running for the least competent?

Let's hope Trump doesn't try to grab the Pope by the p**sy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:49:11 AM by Area 10 »

krash

• Rincon Status
  • Old fugger who loves to fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: May 20, 2017, 08:29:11 AM »
All I can say is I'm much better off now in the great Amerika...

1) Still can't get affordable insurance
2) Taxes are the same
3) Kids are upside down with federal student loan interest rates
Old fugger who just likes to fish

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1264 on: May 20, 2017, 09:04:44 AM »
/
I don't know what measure you'd use to compare the competency of all US Presidents through history so far. But surely Trump could so far be in the running for the least competent?
/

I'm no presidential scholar, but TR is my favorite.  Abe a close second, because he was such a damn fine writer.  Here's a quote from a site about personal libraries.  TR had a good one.  If it's true that Trump doesn't read much, well...  TR would not be pleased.

One significant reason Roosevelt could embody seemingly widely divergent traits was that he was a devourer of books, reading tens of thousands in his lifetime, absorbing thousands of points of view from every possible source. But Roosevelt did not read the way we do today—rapidly taking in information for its own sake, with automated services compiling recommendations from the metadata (a phenomenon Susan Jacoby has indicted as part of our hyper-partisan, groupthink culture). He read according to his whim, putting pleasure ahead of profit and disdaining fads and rigid cultural norms. He was, literary site Book Riot supposes, “probably the most well-read president, and perhaps one of the most well-read men in all of history.” 

Support your local shaper

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: May 20, 2017, 09:43:05 AM »
Given current access to books and the ease of acquiring them I doubt it's true that TR was the most well-read man in history. Speaking of Books and TR though, "The River of Doubt" is an excellent book. Just finished it a few weeks ago.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

mjb1959

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: May 20, 2017, 06:03:13 PM »
AREA 10,
i hope when it's all over you libs will be ok, and be able to admit how out of line this stuff was.
i read and watch both sides, it's obvious most of you  don't.
a 20 hour survey of cnn showed  69 negative to the President, 2 positive...
if people watch that day after day, they are disconnected from reality...
coverage is skewed, mainstream media is 90% dem

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: May 21, 2017, 09:12:18 AM »
AREA 10,
i hope when it's all over you libs will be ok, and be able to admit how out of line this stuff was.
If Trump would stop acting like a total berk for at least one day then they'd have nothing to write about, would they?

It is a 24-7 news media these days, and you gotta know how to play it if you want to succeed. But Trump has attacked the mainstream media - often unnecessarily, playing to the crowd - right from the offset. If you pick a fight with *any* group of people you can hardly be surprised if they fight back. Any idiot knows that. Except Trump, it seems.

Btw what do you mean when you say "when it's all over"? When *what* is all over? Trump's presidency?

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: May 21, 2017, 10:31:16 AM »
Wow, Trump does a good impression of a liberal when he wants to, doesn't he? So much for the electioneering promises of US bombing the hell out of ISIS etc.

http://news.sky.com/story/trump-seeks-coalition-of-nations-to-stamp-out-extremism-10887338

It's nice to hear the Saudi king confirming his view of what Islam really stands for (third video) especially after the view of it that was presented in this thread some time ago.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: May 24, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »
Not really sure why Area 10 is so concerned about the shitshow in our country when Britain's shitshow seems to be so much worse right now.
The militarization of London, Manchester, and most of the other major cities is currently under way.
Just saw a fairly long interview with Katie Hopkins, and she hit every nail squarely on the head, she should be taken very seriously.
And you wonder why Brexit passed, it might have something to do with strengthening the immigration and foreign travel rules, as being one of the reasons.
Sure the looser terrorist was born in Britain, but he was able to travel quite freely between Manchester and Syria on several occasions w/o any problems.

Not only do I feel really sorry for those lost, and their families, but also for all those other children who were at the concert but not directly involved in the bombing, they will be mentally scarred for life.  I fear many will never be able to enjoy a concert for the rest of their lives, that's so sad.
If targeting children can't bring a "coalition of nations to stamp out extremism" together, then nothing can, but I'll bet it does.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:27:08 PM by Weasels wake »
It takes a quiver to do that.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: May 24, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »
If you find yourself agreeing with Katie Hopkins then you know you are lost. She makes a living taking absurdly extreme positions. She's the TV and newspaper equivalent of an internet troll.

Today, the US security services leaked pictures to the press of the blood-soaked bomb components used in Manchester, against the express wishes of the UK authorities. This compromises ongoing investigations, and is extremely upsetting to the dead victim's families. MI5 and the UK government are equally dumfounded and incandescent with rage. I suspect the safety of your country just got a little less: I can't see UK authorities sharing terrorist information with the US for a while.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: May 24, 2017, 04:56:48 PM »
Not in the least bit surprised in your response/opinion, something that we are all entitled to.
It takes a quiver to do that.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: May 24, 2017, 05:39:35 PM »
Not in the least bit surprised in your response/opinion, something that we are all entitled to.
You agree with her call for a "final solution"?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/23/manchester-attack-police-investigate-katie-hopkins-final-solution-tweet

She, like our other unsavoury export to the US, Piers Morgan, makes a living out of getting impressionable people all riled up, and saying extreme things that keep her name in the press. It's an act. And you are falling for it.

Anyway, the more important issue is why the US government leaked sensitive information about an ongoing terrorist investigation. What on earth has happened here? Why was this information not kept secret? Could this be a continuation of what has been called "project fear"?

http://news.sky.com/story/manchester-terror-attack-images-of-bomb-fragments-published-10891829
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:50:29 PM by Area 10 »

mjb1959

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: May 24, 2017, 08:53:35 PM »
AREA 10,
If Trump would stop acting like a total berk for at least one day then they'd have nothing to write about, would they?

It is a 24-7 news media these days, and you gotta know how to play it if you want to succeed. But Trump has attacked the mainstream media - often unnecessarily, playing to the crowd - right from the offset. If you pick a fight with *any* group of people you can hardly be surprised if they fight back. Any idiot knows that. Except Trump, it seems.

Btw what do you mean when you say "when it's all over"? When *what* is all over? Trump's presidency?
just praying for you... 10

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: May 24, 2017, 10:49:32 PM »
AREA 10,

just praying for you... 10
OK, so now you are using a religious act as a put-down? Classy.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
April 19, 2024, 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
April 19, 2024, 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard