Author Topic: Is GoFoil the Only Option?  (Read 33047 times)

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Is GoFoil the Only Option?
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »
Would suspect you will probs have a much easier time of it on the GoFoil.   ;)
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
i hope so it will be interesting to see, although getting a little frustrated with the customer service at the moment, i don't think email response is there strong point.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2017, 11:28:52 PM »
Three guys and a dog. They'll get better.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

novaboy

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Turtle's Board Room
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2017, 05:13:09 AM »
i hope so it will be interesting to see, although getting a little frustrated with the customer service at the moment, i don't think email response is there strong point.

I messaged Alex on their Facebook page and got a response in less than 24hrs.
Jimmy Lewis Canada Rep
http://turtlesboardroom.weebly.com
9'5 Striker, 12'6 Sidewinder, 5'11 Kwad, 8’6 Super Frank
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2017, 07:23:33 AM »
Here you go....catching air
https://instagram.com/p/BPQrBvmDvVU/

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2017, 09:22:25 PM »

I paid my deposit back when they were first opened the pre order then then told it was not going to be the dw foil so said I would wait for that. I got a email on the 10th saying they were ready to ship the maliko which I emailed back to straight away. I did not hear anything after a few days so sent them a message on facebook, they replied to that after 3 day and said, try sending my original email again to which I did and backed up with another message saying let me know if you do not receive my email that was 3 days ago and still no reply on ether platforms so have no idea but they are obviously posting daily on facebook , a bit fed up as they have had my money since mid last year. I do however have a radical new board design I'm very keen to build and to once I can get my hands on a foil out here in aus.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:25:37 PM by supuk »

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2017, 02:17:32 AM »
Neil Pryde announced their windsurf RS race class foil price. 699 pounds. $876 converted to USD.

This is a Tuttle box aluminum design.

That confirms to me $899 SUP foils will be here soon from somebody.

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2017, 08:10:03 AM »
Not sure Aluminum is the right material for foils?

yes it is cheaper than Carbon but why take the interum step(cost more in the long run than buying the right one the first time) my guess is its going to be like windsurfing masts (if its not carbon its worthless in most applications)
The way I see it (for whatever that may be worth)a foil needs

• Componentized (not molded one piece)Mast, Wings and Fuselage all seperate
          Carbon constructed
          Deep Tutle Box connection to board (less kiting where bolt thru is std)
          Supported by a reputable company In case something is wrong

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »

I paid my deposit back when they were first opened the pre order then then told it was not going to be the dw foil so said I would wait for that. I got a email on the 10th saying they were ready to ship the maliko which I emailed back to straight away. I did not hear anything after a few days so sent them a message on facebook, they replied to that after 3 day and said, try sending my original email again to which I did and backed up with another message saying let me know if you do not receive my email that was 3 days ago and still no reply on ether platforms so have no idea but they are obviously posting daily on facebook , a bit fed up as they have had my money since mid last year. I do however have a radical new board design I'm very keen to build and to once I can get my hands on a foil out here in aus.

They definitely are slow on email...but, they do eventually get back to you...
I was told that they should start shipping on the other side of Chinese New Year which is happening right now...
I ordered a number of them...so they have a pile of my money, too...I'm looking forward to getting the tracking numbers...
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »
Not sure Aluminum is the right material for foils?

I see your point. My windsurf foil fast flexes a lot and would fatigue out like our masts did in the old days, if it were aluminum.

But kites and SUP don't bend the mast.

Neil Pryde has done a nice job on their Tuttle head design in aluminum.

Plus, isn't the Naish SUP foil mast aluminum. I thought I saw a photo somewhere.

Btw, there is no weight savings with carbon on some of these foils. The LP carbon windsurf foil is as heavy as aluminum. Shocking, I know.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 04:12:58 PM by DW »

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2017, 05:35:57 PM »

They definitely are slow on email...but, they do eventually get back to you...
I was told that they should start shipping on the other side of Chinese New Year which is happening right now...
I ordered a number of them...so they have a pile of my money, too...I'm looking forward to getting the tracking numbers...

It's been over two weeks now since I was told it was ready to ship and not a word via FB or email.

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2017, 05:44:10 PM »
There are a few different foils available now and a few are using Ali masts. I dont think there should be much strength issue for sup with Ali masts but they are heavy. The naish has a Ali masts with Ali Tuttle head and Ali fuz and composite foil, it's defiantly on the heavy side and even if it's not a issue on the water on the beach it will defiantly slow you down. With proper pre preg autoclave built there should be a good weight saving to be had in carbon but it would cost. Like everything you chose what you want to pay for!

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Fast is FUN!   8)

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Fast is FUN!   8)

Beasho

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2017, 12:36:32 PM »
Some video from Horue.  One would think they would be coming out with a low speed sup foil soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqW8t2ViLPk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal