Author Topic: $38 for a SUPreme wetsuit?  (Read 7602 times)

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
$38 for a SUPreme wetsuit?
« on: December 16, 2016, 02:47:53 PM »
Was poking around on Amazon and found this SUPreme wetsuit for $39.  Don't know why it is so cheap, but I'm letting my wife buy it for me for Christmas.  Only one Amazon review and it was not all that positive, so I'm a little unsure; gotta be a reason it's so cheap.  Maybe selling off returned items?  If it sucks, I'll use the Amazon 30 day return policy. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BN7CSJU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  What do you think?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:37:27 PM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Super cheap price for a new SUPreme wetsuit.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

RATbeachrider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: $38 for a SUPreme wetsuit?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 03:38:10 PM »
I poked around the net ... 2013 model.  But for $38, heck of a good deal.

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »
Decided I'd buy a second one for that price and now it's up to $127.  Confusing.  I wonder if my super steal will actually be shipped to me. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

comeu

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 04:32:17 PM »
Funny, prices vary from 39$ to 181$ depending on the size.

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 07:57:18 PM »

Radical price fluctuations happen all the time on Amazon. It's like a roulette wheel. Sometimes you win.  I've gotten incredible deals on stuff.

People have gotten brand new boards for just a few hundred bucks.

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
Unfortunately my experience with SUPreme is not good.
Bought few of their items (gloves, shoes, shirt) and each and every time
I was disappointed. All pieces were poorly made stuff that did not last long.

Some showed fraying issues from the get go ( the gloves) and was replaced twice
Before returned for refund. Shoes got holes in them after short use.

I would not associate a present from my wife with this brand. You get what you pay for and it is not a bargain IMO!
in progress...

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »
On the other hand, JimK swears by those wetsuits, which carries a lot of weight with me. So, I hope you have success with yours Zoo.  One point Jim always drives home is that it is really the only wet suit specifically tailored for stand up, especially in the arms. I keep gravitating to ONeil because their sizing works for me and I'm to lazy to try anything on.

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 05:49:47 AM »
On the other hand, JimK swears by those wetsuits, which carries a lot of weight with me. So, I hope you have success with yours Zoo.  One point Jim always drives home is that it is really the only wet suit specifically tailored for stand up, especially in the arms. I keep gravitating to ONeil because their sizing works for me and I'm to lazy to try anything on.

I wanted to buy their wetsuit as well but never did after all their other product failed.
So never had it and wish Zooport good luck with it. Reading the review on Amazon, however,
it looks like that reviewer suffered the same issues as I did.

On the bright side, it's Amazon Prime so if you see sign of trouble with this product, full refund
and no shipping cost whatsoever so easy enough to try.

Happy Holiday!
in progress...

BWilliam

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Mongrel Combative Arts
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 06:27:36 AM »
I can't speak to their other products, but I'm going into paddling my third NE Winter with the 4/3/2 SUPreme suit and its holding up great. Warm and no issues so far.

Just sayin'

Will

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 08:33:34 AM »
Even cheaper??  At Amazon checkout, I noticed a $20 off coupon was available, applied it and my total cost for the wetsuit turned out to $19.57  It's going to have to be pretty bad not to be worth that.  I don't understand what the deal is here.  Now the price is back up to $127.  Really confusing.  I either scored big time, or I'm a sucker; I'll know on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:39:58 AM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 08:52:28 AM »

There have been times when I've found a really good deal on Amazon, then went back a few minutes later to look for it and the deal was gone. They had plenty of whatever it was in stock, but now it was at a much higher price than before.

I've since learned that when I find a good deal on Amazon, I bookmark it and that will save the deal for me. I've tested this by opening another window and searching for the deal and it would be gone, but I had it captured in bookmarks. I don't know if this works all the time, but it did for me a few times. I've been able to take as much time as I want to decide on the purchase and as long as they had it in stock, I still got the deal.

I think the prices on Amazon just randomly fluctuate and if you are lucky they will occasionally go really low when you happen to be shopping. That's when you have to grab it. It's probably good for business to have people talking about all the great deals they get there. I think Amazon controls the prices. That's my theory anyway.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:07:45 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

burchas

• Custom Built
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 09:25:20 AM »
At $19, even if turns out to be bad, just ask replacement under warranty and sell it as new.
You can turn profit on it towards another suit. Hopefully it's works great for you and you don't
have to deal with BS.
in progress...

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 09:53:45 AM »
At $19, even if turns out to be bad, just ask replacement under warranty and sell it as new.
You can turn profit on it towards another suit. Hopefully it's works great for you and you don't
have to deal with BS.

Good idea, burchas.  That's what I'll do if it sucks. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 09:54:41 AM »

There have been times when I've found a really good deal on Amazon, then went back a few minutes later to look for it and the deal was gone. They had plenty of whatever it was in stock, but now it was at a much higher price than before.

I've since learned that when I find a good deal on Amazon, I bookmark it and that will save the deal for me. I've tested this by opening another window and searching for the deal and it would be gone, but I had it captured in bookmarks. I don't know if this works all the time, but it did for me a few times. I've been able to take as much time as I want to decide on the purchase and as long as they had it in stock, I still got the deal.

I think the prices on Amazon just randomly fluctuate and if you are lucky they will occasionally go really low when you happen to be shopping. That's when you have to grab it. It's probably good for business to have people talking about all the great deals they get there. I think Amazon controls the prices. That's my theory anyway.

Thanks Badger.  I'm going to try the bookmark thing. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal