Author Topic: Kialoa hulu double bend  (Read 2126 times)

Ozzy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Kialoa hulu double bend
« on: August 01, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »
Anyone have some time on the water with the Kialoa Hulu Double Bend? Thoughts?

Ozzy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Kialoa hulu double bend
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:16:31 PM »
No one? Everybody has an opinion on paddles!

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 03:17:23 PM »
I've had mine for about a year and like it.. Mine's the Hulu Small.. It feels a little different but not a huge amount different that it feels very odd.. You get used to it very quickly and I have no problem swapping back to straight shafts and back again to the double bend shaft.. It's the extra angle on the blade that feels more odd than the shaft bend..  It somehow feels more powerful and I'm sure that has more to do with the extra blade angle.. I think the bend allows you to bend and drop your elbow of your top arm to protect the shoulder while the lower hand feels more relaxed and at a better angle on the shaft... You should try and demo one.. 

Ozzy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 09:25:40 PM »
Did you size it the same as your straight shafts? Easy on the body? Shaft flex?

EluaMakani

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Second Wind Sail and Surf
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 11:32:30 PM »
Yes I have one of the new Kialoa Hulu Double Bend paddles.  I ordered it because I was having pain in my elbow from too much paddling.  It was 1" shorter than my regular race paddle.  I found it to be a great paddle.  Light, and easy to use and get use to.  And it did help with my elbow pain.  I also heard it will help with shoulder pain if you have that.
I haven't tried all the double bend paddles, but I think this is the newest version and the most advanced.
It is easy to transition between straight shafts and the double bend.  In extreme race situations, the straight shaft might be a couple percentage points faster.
But I highly recommend this paddle.  Aloha.
Second Wind Sail and Surf
 Maui,  Hawaii

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal