Author Topic: Ke Nalu's New Blade Design  (Read 22561 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Ke Nalu's New Blade Design
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 04:31:52 PM »
I had issues with the winglets catching when I 1st got it and stopped using it for surf. Distance and downwind it ruled but I liked my Maliko and Molokai better, Then I mistakenly found it was the only paddle in my bag once when I went surfing and had no problem with the winglets. I still prefer the Molokai most of the time for its rock solid bracing (nobody has to brace as much as I do). I think the issue I have with the konihi is that there is such a difference between a front brace and a back brace and even small stuff can screw me up. It's tough for me to change.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 03:56:09 AM »
Can you explain is this a good surf blade.
Would the winglets detract from using this style blade in the surf.

I use the comparable, WINGED Konihi exclusively in the surf.  2 thumbs up. 

The advantage is efficiency and light weight.  I have been using the blade for 10 months and caught 1,487 waves ranging from 3 to 25 feet using the paddle.  I have never experienced any "edge grab" in fact I don't know what people are talking about.  With regards to using the paddle on the face of a wave I do it all the time even in big critical stuff.  The Konihi is great.  If the Mana blade is better sign me up.

Here are examples where my Konihi blade is clearly scraping the surface.

...Finally just finished the testing of the prototype, you're gonna love the Mana, it has a similar feel to the Konihi (although it's kind of hard to cross compare the Mana prototype due to it's weight, it's heavy) but a more positive catch. Kind of hard to explain but it doesn't need to settle or anything, it's just there. I'm posting some pics in just a sec.

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 04:17:46 AM »
...tried to post a bunch of times & just keep getting the little circle cycling forever. It's a re post from what I put in the review page, not sure why it's not working here (the files are all under the requirement) but it's just not working, check the "Review of the Ke Nalu (Pono Bill) Paddle" to see the update. Thanks

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 02:27:13 AM »
I apologize for being a bit slow getting updates on the Mana progress, I've been waiting for concrete answers from the factory. This is what I know so far; the molds have been made & some "test" blades have been produced. As of yet I'm still waiting on confirmation regarding if actual production has started yet. This I suppose is good news for those of you who are yet to put in your "Zonestarter" payment but time is running out; once I get word on production that'll be it for the Zonestarter offer. Many thanks to everyone who has taken advantage of the offer, it's been a real help & for those who haven't yet there's still a little more time.

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 11:37:00 PM »
Update (finally) The Manas are in production so to those of you that took advantage of the "Zonestarter" offer, thank you very much for your help & support!! I'll keep you updated regarding expected delivery times. Now that we're in production things should move along in a more orderly/predictable manner. At this point it shouldn't be more than a month out but very likely sooner (fingers crossed). Thanks for your patience & help making the Manas a reality. I'm pretty happy with my experiences with the prototype but I'm curious to hear reports from you guys once we get them in your hands.

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 03:01:33 AM »
They've FINALLY arrived!! & we've just sent out everyone's "Zonestarter" paddles. Thanks again for everyone's patience. I'm looking forward to hearing the feedback. For those of you who might want a Mana paddle don't think about it for too long or you'll miss the first batch; we've already gone through about half of the shipment & they're not yet "live" on the website (that should change in the next day or so).

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »
Just a quick "shout out" to say "I Love My Mana90"! Best blade I've ever stuck in the ocean... Great job on this blade, Lane. Paddle on, JD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal