Author Topic: European Championships 2016  (Read 3228 times)

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Outdoor Photography
    • Email
European Championships 2016
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:28:22 PM »
The long distance race of about 17km took place on glassy conditions, until they turned around at the half way point. The remaining course took place upwind (granted, seemed like 10 km/h) and finished with some pretty cool clean waves ashore.

There were quite a few people from Denmark cheering, as well as several people from The Island of England :)

Couple of photos.

Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"
Nelo Surfski 560M - 18'4" x 17"

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: European Championships 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:31:44 PM »
Nice photo work!

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:19:55 AM »
Thanks.

Here's for the wrap up of the SUP Surfing EURO CHAMPS, in Lacanau, France:

Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:29:46 AM »
Amazing pictures Photofr! Did that race require 12’6” for everyone?
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 08:46:11 AM »
Thanks.

Yeah... I was SO SURPRISED about the ----12'6 THING ---- in fact, when I saw Titouan Puyo carrying his 12'6, my brain was like:
"wow, this guy is so on top of his game that he's going to use a 12'6 to compete... while everyone else will be on a 14 footer". More than an hour later went by, and I then realized that everyone was going to be racing on a 12'6 board.

That was kind of a bummer, when everyone in the world has finally "changed gear". It was however, a clear message that France has a huge influence on the European Surfing Federation, and clearly, the French are still "favoring" the smaller boards. Granted, let this be my personal opinion, but I think it's a bit of a shame.
Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:19:25 AM »
I just made it back to england from the event, it was a great week in lacanau with some fantastic conditions for the race and surf! We were stoked to get 4th over all. I placed 9th in the surf but considering I live 4hours from proper waves to train on most of the time and I don't get there very often I was prity happy.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 09:34:37 AM »
There were quite a few people from Denmark cheering, as well as several people from The Island of England :)
I appreciate that you enjoy being provocative, but now might not be the time to joke about today's vote by the UK to leave the European Union. Here is a graph of the contributions and benefits made by the various members of the EU to the overall budget. If a country has a bar on the left hand side it means that they receive more money from the EU then they give. If the bar is on the right, it means that the country gives more to the EU than it receives back.

It is clear that the UK is the largest contributor to the EU budget after Germany, and its contribution dwarfs that of e.g. France. With the UK gone from the EU, countries like France are going to have to pay the money that the UK used to, or else there are going to have to be huge cuts to the EU budget.

This is a politically and financially very serious situation, and the repercussions could last a long time and reach right round the world. The UK is the world's 5th largest economy, and the EU is (at least) the second largest. Divorces tend to get messy and expensive, and affect many people outside the union. And that is what is happening here: one country has decided on divorce. This could get ugly - and it is not at all unlikely that other EU countries will have a similar referendum now.

So, as I say, this might not be the time to be making jokes about this situation. I'm not sure what Starboard will do since as I understand it, the distribution of Starboards Europe-wide currently goes through the UK. That probably will have to change within the next 2 years now.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
I just made it back to england from the event, it was a great week in lacanau with some fantastic conditions for the race and surf! We were stoked to get 4th over all. I placed 9th in the surf but considering I live 4hours from proper waves to train on most of the time and I don't get there very often I was prity happy.
Great job mate, and nice pics.

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 09:54:20 AM »
I appreciate that you enjoy being provocative, but now might not be the time to joke about today's vote by the UK to leave the European Union.

.../...

So, as I say, this might not be the time to be making jokes about this situation. I'm not sure what Starboard will do since as I understand it, the distribution of Starboards Europe-wide currently goes through the UK. That probably will have to change within the next 2 years now.

I appreciate the seriousness of it all, BUT TAKE A CHILL PILL.
Look again, and you will see that my post is not edited, not tempered with, YET POSTED well before England pulled itself out of the EU. Clearly, you are quick to attack, but What a Shame!
Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"

Turtle

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Laineet.fi - Keeps you One Wave Ahead
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 02:33:06 AM »
Thanks.

Yeah... I was SO SURPRISED about the ----12'6 THING ---- in fact, when I saw Titouan Puyo carrying his 12'6, my brain was like:
"wow, this guy is so on top of his game that he's going to use a 12'6 to compete... while everyone else will be on a 14 footer". More than an hour later went by, and I then realized that everyone was going to be racing on a 12'6 board.

That was kind of a bummer, when everyone in the world has finally "changed gear". It was however, a clear message that France has a huge influence on the European Surfing Federation, and clearly, the French are still "favoring" the smaller boards. Granted, let this be my personal opinion, but I think it's a bit of a shame.

I think they where just following ISA on this one?
Starboard National Team Rider
2023 14'x23" Allstar Custom Carbon
Starboard Lima M
Starboard Bolt L
Quickblade Trifecta 98
http://laineet.fi/

ukgm

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 03:33:01 AM »
Thanks.

I think they where just following ISA on this one?

Yes, that was my impression. Hopefully this will all get resolved soon as its only now the ISA champs left that is propping up the the 12'6 class. Most other international races have (or will be) switching to 14 for the men. Not sure what will happen with women though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal