Author Topic: Bounce Boards and How they work  (Read 1264 times)

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
Bounce Boards and How they work
« on: May 22, 2016, 10:58:53 AM »
OK Guys

I had to take my usual mind set off line and try out these board. We have these in our Demo Fleet Nice looking designs ,SUPER Durable and in flat water that was enough to give Bounce Technology a try with a few boards but that is selling them short.

Construction

SUPER Durable is not being fair to their durability. OK they aren't as light as Sunova's or other top quality boards. I'm not sure what Jim's doing there in Oceanside California but they aren't that bad weight wise. I had to carry them both about 2 blocks to the beach and over BIG dunes and that was cool. But hey there are other polyethelene boards that are durable. So where does Bounce seperates' itself! The Bounce construction feels like an epoxy sandwich ON THE WATER Stiff under even my behemouth weight. It did not feel sponge AT ALL!

Performance (How did it feel)
You could tell these are flatwater designs .The 11FT & 11'4 (Displacement Board) tracked STRAIGHT and had better glide than I expected. I was using a bigger blade than I usually use (KeNalu Elite Konihi 95) but the Bounce boards accellerated very well. Neither in paddling nor catching a wave (oh yeah a right hand break in a secret location in OCNJ I was the only one there for 2hrs and I left the beach to the Seagulls and Foxes) did either board feel sluggish...a typical feeling you expect in thermo modeled boards. Bounce boards also DO NOT HAVE A SEAM That a certain mFG claims is there to protect your paddle (YEAH RIGHT!) Once on the wave I found that the stock Future fin was TO SMALL but I brought a Sunova (9.5" Surf Fin) fin that solved that problem. Ok boards this size (not mind my size) aren't exactly slashing off the lip or popping aerials. The Bounce 11Ft (All Around design) felt as good if not a little looser and fast on the wave as any other all around designs from Fanatic, Starboard ect.. The 11Ft actually nose rode (w/Sunova Fin) very respectably. Smooth carving bottom and top turns with some "Tip Time" Can't argue with that for a FUN session

So I went in to try the dispalacement 11'4 Ridding these kinda boards (Fanatic Ray & 14FT Falcon) are one of my guilty pleasures. I usually do this in knee high smooth waves I tell myself I'm "training" (ha Ha) But today we had high tide waist to chest high waves with a slight chop. Kinda bigger than my usual fair for boards of this design and size. Again I was pleasantly surprised. Stepping back to "Bottom Turn" (as it maybe) then stepping forward and it FLEW Down the Line. After a couple of waves I had to catch the wave deeper (on the other side of the Jetty) so I didn't over shoot the pocket. The rides on the 11'4 were a good 30% longer than on the 11FT. So I kept getting "Braver" I guess I should point out at this point, it seems I have a mental block about remembering my leash. I'm a firm believer in leashes. I have tons at the shop. But my buddy Dave usually saves the day because he is like a boy scout bring 2 or more of everything...but the last time his leash broke I HAD THE SPARE...VERY Rare. Anyway No one else out and driving back to the shop (no to mention carrying those 2 boards 2+ blocks (They aren't THAT light) was out of the question So I'm out there WITHOUT a leash. I was set up about 10 ft on the "Other Side of the Jetty, 50ish feet off the end (that was exposed, Jetty's continue underwater much further than the exposed portion) Ok So on this one wave I Goofed up bad, and had to bail at the end of the Jetty No leash, No buddy Dave! I thought As I'm rolling around the end of the Jetty "How do you fix a thermo formed board?? I popped up on the other side of the Jetty to see this Bounce board "Bouncing" down the jetty. After a "Bit" of a swim I got to shore to find the board WITHOUT A SCRATCH.WOW!

So WHO needs these boards? Anyone who wants a performance board but has any of these conditions to deal with.

* ANYONE running a rental or camp SUP operation (I delivered a bunch up to Lake Wallenpaupack last week)
* Anyone who paddles in inhospitable places Rocky Beaches, Rivers, around/off docks and piling
* Whitewater Folks (Can't wait to run the upper Lehigh & Delaware as well as local river runs here in SNJ This summer)
* Family loaner board
* Anyone who BEATS up their rails (Check out the Bounce Board website Video ... Enough said)
* KOOKS LIKE ME how forget their leash
* Anyone who wants one board that does EVERYTHING

** OH yeah all this comes at a VERY REASONABLE Price

As you guys can see I was really impressed with Bounce boards. Plus they are a great company to deal with. I'm just a Thrilled Customer I have no other affiliation with Bounce Composites

Just my 2Cents I don't have a personal photo/videographer and I'm DEFINITELY not good looking enough to invest in a SoloShot

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
Today at 07:32:24 AM
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
B-Walnut
Today at 07:18:48 AM