Author Topic: Full Moon Paddle  (Read 10746 times)

Miss Adventure

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Full Moon Paddle
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 12:45:58 PM »
I just had my first moonlight paddle last night. It was so beautiful! We also used glow sticks on our boards and ourselves.

switters

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 10:47:19 AM »
Been a while since posting on this but I have not missed any full moon paddles this season other than last month because of clouds.  The meteor shower was also a good reason to get out and paddle at night.

Next one is coming up. 

As a reservoir paddler it is one of the few times to enjoy the paddle in relative silence and wakeless.  12 miles yesterday and all I wanted to do at the end was go home and listen to nothing.  On the plus side of reservoir paddling is the everchanging shoreline.  The water level is now about twenty feet below full.  We went out Friday night into one of the coves where a lot illegal cliff jumping happens.  15 pair of sunglasses.  we also brought back 2 grocery sacks full of empty cans and bottles but thats the way treasure hunting goes.  So far only one anchor this year but the water is dropping fast.  I am somewhat confused about the empty coors lights to panty ratio this year, hopefully this is a trend for the better. 

Cheers,

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 11:34:40 PM »
I just got in from my first full moon paddle this season. Was nice to be out on the water, but we currently have a lot of smoke because of all the forest fires. We don’t have the fires anywhere near us, but the smoke has drifted in. No stars visible tonight, but the moon was a soft orange glow at the start of my paddle. After a while the smoke must have increased because the moon completely disappeared. Was still nice to get out at night though, even with the smoke and without the moon (after it disappeared).
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

switters

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »
We spent Friday and Saturday night at a boat in only camping spot on the local reservoir. Nice moon coming up late but we had to wait for it to clear the clouds.  We took the inflatables, the paddle to camp site is only a mile.  Good exploring the shoreline because of the rapidly dropping water level.  4 anchors, 4 sunglasses, one of which is a salvageable pair of rayban wayfarers.

The bonus to bringing inflatables camping is being able to stack the two of them and have a really comfortable camp sofa.  That's my ISUP tip for the month.

Feel the glide,

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal