Author Topic: The "dream life"  (Read 3158 times)

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
The "dream life"
« on: January 17, 2009, 03:33:57 PM »
This is how Drew & Spunk Brophy live the "dream life", a most excellent read~
http://drewbrophy.com/so-you-want-to-live-the-dream-life-heres-how/

Copied w/o their permission but they posted it online so WTF, I'm sure they won't mind.  :-\ :)
It takes a quiver to do that.

awe

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
Re: The "dream life"
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 03:44:08 PM »
I read this article of the so called dream life. I have to admit it does sound good. But in reality can we do it?  Most of us by now are in the time of life where we can't really do some things like that,  not that anything is wrong with our lives, but it is not the dream life that is pictured in this article. We go along with our lives and do what we must to survive, take care of family, jobs, and make the time to go surf. And most of the time this works.....I was just thinking that maybe I can have this dream life, only on a smaller scale. So I came up with this.....When the weather is bad go to  work,I take care of family, stay home do chores etc...When the weather is good and surfs up, call in to work sick or vacation and go. I've been doing this for a few years now and each year I try and do it more and more. It's not as big as packing up and exploring the world but I think it works. I know alot of people who do this already, so it may not be new to them. But in a way we are living our own dream.
See ya in the water :)

hhscsup

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 11:44:50 AM »
Renouncing selfish desires for more selfish desires. living for God and fu-filling His purpose for our lives is a great way to live too...then all desires will fall off and real freedom begins...just living as we are where we are... happy... surfing and travel become mere bonuses if we choose them.  The dream life for me is waking up happy every day. I hope that for all...

awe

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:12:06 PM »
Great words to live by.........Live  Happy,  be  Happy..............

By the way     Kung Hee Fut Choy
                      Happy Chinese New Year
                      The year of the OX

May You all have good health, peace, and Happiness....
May this year have  great surf, weather it be, 2' and glassy or 10' and pumpin'                              Aloha

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:35:28 AM »
As we say, grass taste better in the next field. Many many people i know go for a trip every year. Going then coming back. It's a kind of "must". You can dream a life at home. you know what? i'm happy... And I want to stay home.

gjbstandup

• Sunset Status
  • SHARE THE PASSION
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 05:53:07 PM »

"To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony."

''William Ellery Channing''

Because of my yesterday, I love my Today...
8-2 Wide Point
11-6  Starboard GO SUP

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 12:28:06 PM »
"Some californian would say that today is the first day of the rest of your life".
 Bridget Jones  :D

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 10:26:54 AM »
I commented on the post. I thought Mantra was a bit harsh on her. Their life does sound pretty cool...lots of good times no doubt. She got a bit wrapped up her assumptions maybe but who doesn't? I've had a great life being the cubicle dwelling corporate drone...always enjoyed my work for the most part and loved my life as a husband and father in a typical suburban american community. I've always found it important to give back to the community and others...that's what makes you truly feel good inside..or at least it does me. Now that we've met our responsibilities to our children my wife and I would love some additional adventure. Not all of it has to be to far away places but that would be nice too.

I think at the core her post was great...its about living true to yourself. Saying that you can't is all too frequently an excuse for not being willing to get out of your comfort zone. A dream life is what YOU would make of it. I'm sure Mother Theresa was living her dream life. Bottom line though its about choosing to live or just exist.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

surfingpatagonia

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 05:00:28 AM »
 I`m happy to share thoughts with people who are still following theirs dreams no matter in wich moment of life they are, or in wich circumstances they where born. Dream life travelling and also standing still in your community .. why not?

I think truly times are A-changin` for good, despite the world crisis

and the DREAM LIFE is also (donīt know if you agree) about sharing.

Many many times in my life, after flying (paragliding) or a great surf sesh ... I say, "wow, if people knew this, the worldīd be a better place for sure".

Keep it positive. Dreamed lifeīs are comin

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »
not exactly sure if it's been about livin' the dream...
...but there's been many a time that i've been found guilty of being delusional.
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal