Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 244208 times)

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #675 on: October 11, 2016, 07:40:21 PM »

I have a feeling he's not really giving a heartfelt opinion so much as just fishing for a response.

Yeah probably, but at this point, I think one has to be missing something to vote for Trump.

True, but they say the same thing about us who will vote for Hillary.  Just needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: October 11, 2016, 07:43:14 PM »
I guess one thing no one can argue with, this has been a pretty entertaining election year.  Some pretty colorful and passionate exchanges.  Yes there is some real possible consequences we may face, but in the end we're going to get who we're going to get.  Scary and funny all at the same time.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 11, 2016, 07:59:11 PM »

True, but they say the same thing about us who will vote for Hillary.  Just needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That is the thing, though. I did not even mention Clinton. Every time anyone mentions an argument against Trump...and there are so incredibly many, the counter argument is but look at Clinton. At some point one have to ba able to look at a candidate and say oh holy shit this guy is unhinged. I mean he literally threatened a political opponent with jail. In a party that seems to be celebrating freedom so much, accepting that their candidate threatens with imprisonment is absolutely insane.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #678 on: October 12, 2016, 06:48:01 AM »
There's only two people in this race Taut....who else are folks supposed to point too....it's a zero sum game.

I think people have to be missing something to vote for either. You can keep on deluding yourself and believe there is a difference in their morality. Which is worse, a guy that brags about his sexual exploits or a woman that defends/deflects her husbands exploits and attacks the women coming forward in order to further her career? I don't think there is a bit of moral difference between them...both so power hungry to the point that they shouldn't be trusted with power. I'm pretty sure you voted for Clinton (I did too the 1st time by the way)...were you as upset with his actions as you are with Trumps talk? Are you angry with Hillary for demeaning and attacking the women that came forth? If not you're a hypocrite.

I don't want Trump in the oval office but I believe he would ultimately be pretty ineffective given the toxic atmosphere he would face. I don't want Hillary for the opposite reason....I think she would be damned effective.....and I don't want what she's selling. Why would I ever vote for a candidate who I believe will make life for most average Americans (who Hillary hates according to the email leaks) worse.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:49:56 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: October 12, 2016, 07:24:38 AM »
Which is worse, a guy that brags about his sexual exploits or a woman that defends/deflects her husbands exploits and attacks the women coming forward in order to further her career?

This is where this gets bizarre. 

Trump is bragging about groping women without their consent.  Have any of us men ever heard another man boast about that?  What might be most disturbing about this is that he expects the listener to accept that behavior as admirable, as though if they had his status they too would obviously want to grope women. He is bragging about assault.  This is both a deviant behavior and mindset.

But Trump has a base (about 40%) that will seemingly not be torn from their man. It is not likely that he will grow his base substantially, but we are talking about Democrats on the other side.  We are a lazy bunch of voters even with a strong candidate.  So Trump's best play now is to make Hillary worth staying home for.  She has very weak support among Dems and I would expect even more tenuous support from independents.  It can't be boring Wikileaks stuff either.  Not just facty, emaily BS.  We need rape and we need to convincingly attach it to Hllary.  Is it compelling enough?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:34:55 AM by Admin »

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #680 on: October 12, 2016, 08:08:22 AM »
Trump is bragging about groping women without their consent.  Have any of us men ever heard another man boast about that?  What might be most disturbing about this is that he expects the listener to accept that behavior as admirable, as though if they had his status they too would obviously want to grope women. He is bragging about assault.  This is both a deviant behavior and mindset.

Yes....listen to some rap music. And deviant behavior has unfortunately become more the norm....how did Clinton remain in the oval office after diddling an intern. Wasn't that long ago that public knowledge of that (especially after lying about it for so long and vilifying the intern) would have seen his removal in shame. Trump and those like him should never see the inside of the oval office....but neither should Clinton. As for sinking to new lows...it's kind of ironic that she was defending him while he was taking the pedophile plane to pedophile island. Where are all the investigative journalists when you need them....oh that's right, they're all digging in Trumps old dirt.....of course he thinks Epstein is a good guy too...so much dirt so little time.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #681 on: October 12, 2016, 08:43:54 AM »
For clarity, I have 50 years under my belt and have never heard a man boast of anything remotely like this.  Movies, TV, Music, even video games now, yes...but never in real life.  This is not boasting about being able to attract women.  This is the opposite.  It is boasting about being able to take without willingness.  That is a critical distinction and it is in no way normal.

I don't condone Bill's actions and did think he should have been evicted along with his impeachment.  Not for the consensual relationship but for the lie and the vilification by both Bill and Hillary.  I voted for Bill twice but could not defend that.  She is a poor candidate for this and other reasons. 

This leaves us judging for lighter shades of gray.  It is clear to me, but America does poorly with gray.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 12, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
 Not sure if you'll be able to see this in your region, but if you can it might give an idea of how Trump is viewed in Europe. "Nigel" is Nigel Farage, who was one of the main politicians behind Britain's recent vote to leave Europe, and is a Trump supporter (albeit even he is a bit cautious in his support at the moment).

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #683 on: October 12, 2016, 09:50:54 AM »
True...and I can't imagine someone bragging about it. Part of the problem though is the context, is he being the loud mouth braggart that he is and discussing the women he is usually surrounded by? Lets face it the Donald doesn't have beautiful women around him because of his awesome hair and good looks, he has women around him that are willing to trade what they have for what he has. Trump has spent his whole life insulated from the consequences that most of consider normal from behavior like this partially because of those around him. I know that if he had ever grabbed one of my daughters as described he would have lost a hand.

I can't vote for the guy, I despised him before he ran for President and this hasn't done anything to enhance my opinion of him but I think Hillary is worse in many ways.....certainly in what she will do to this country. I think we can survive Trump.....Hillary cements the progressive agenda which will continue the downward spiral of the US.

Bob

starman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 12, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
As for sinking to new lows...it's kind of ironic that she was defending him while he was taking the pedophile plane to pedophile island.

Hum, if you are talking about the Lewinski affair she was 22 at the time and it was a consensual sex. Bill's problem was later lying about it. Naturally there were quite a few congressmen and senators calling the kettle black at the time as they were having affairs of there own.

Hate is an interesting emotion, it has a way of making one imagine all kinds of falsehoods to justify ones opinion of people or things.

As far as the progressive agenda causing the downward spiral of the US, that has been something conservatives have been whining about since the FDR days.

Attached is an example of how little the bickering between conservatives and progressives has changed.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 12, 2016, 10:09:39 AM »
Sex is totally distracting everything today, the entire country is distracted by something that is cancelling itself out between the two candidates, IMO.
Take sex, or the talk of sex out of the equation, sadly impossible, and this is what you'd come up with.

Survey reveals what Americans fear the most
USA Today Network Mary Bowerman  , USA TODAY Network 9:30 a.m. EDT October 12, 2016

Here are the top 10 fears of 2016:

•Corruption of government officials (same top fear as 2015) — 60.6%
•Terrorist attacks — 41%
•Not having enough money for the future — 39.9%
•Being a victim of terror — 38.5%
•Government restrictions on firearms and ammunition — 38.5%
•People I love dying — 38.1%
•Economic or financial collapse — 37.5%
•Identity theft — 37.1%
•People I love becoming seriously ill — 35.9%
•The Affordable Health Care Act/”Obamacare” — 35.5%

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/10/12/survey-top-10-things-americans-fear-most/91934874/

I'd think that if sex wasn't the distraction it has become, and a bit more attention was paid to the new email disclosures about Hillary's speeches and campaign tactics, Trump would probably easily win.
With a questionable heads of the FBI, the DOJ, the State Dept., the IRS, and Bill Clinton's clandestine meeting with the head of the DOJ on her private jet, corruption should be at the top of the list, it's our biggest problem.
It takes a quiver to do that.

ericmichaels

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 12, 2016, 10:49:35 AM »
The thing is that Trumps remarks are not about sex. They are about his ability to do whatever he wants and to have power over the women. It is about ego and misogyny.

Bill may have had his issues. Monica consented and may have even initiated but as his intern he was in a position of extreme power over her which makes consent less "consensual".

Hillary's response to Bill's transgressions had nothing to do with sex. It was pure damage control from a very practical standpoint. That is one of the good things about Hillary that a President needs.  They ability to forget about the personal pain and just take care of business and move on.

The stuff about her attacking these women is very largely overstated. There is almost no evidence that she threatened them. Sure she might have said she didn't believe them, but they weren't all very believable and she is the wife.

Broderick said under oath nothing happened. She said this for decades.  Then changed.  Ivana also claimed Donald raped her, then recanted. How do we know what the truth really is with either.

Trump is currently being sued in court under claims he raped a 12 year old. Should we be calling him a criminal when there are no charges and no conviction?

Please give a specific example of Hillary attacking one of these women in a way that is other than a wife saying she believes her husband.

Just funny how Trump admittedly attacks every person he even perceives to have slighted him in any way big or small, but Hillary is evil for possibly attacking people she believes have lied about her husband. Seems to me her "reason" for attacking if she did was pretty good....defend the Presidency, her husband, her marriage. Trump attacks just to humiliate even when it is not really important.

There is no comparison.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 12, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »
People are more afraid of being a victim of terror than someone close to them dying? That is nuts. You've probably got more chance of being struck by lightning than being a victim of terror, especially in the US.

Someone over there has been doing a lot of fearmongering. McDonalds probably presents a far bigger threat to US health than all terror groups put together. And as for gun ownership...

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #688 on: October 12, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »
Please give a specific example of Hillary attacking one of these women in a way that is other than a wife saying she believes her husband.

That's a lot of believing.

Juanita Broaddrick | Kathleen Willey | Paula Jones | Sandra Allen James | Eileen Wellstone | Christy Zercher | Carolyn Moffet | Helen Dowdy | Becky Brown | Regina Blakely Hopper | Monica Lewinsky | Elizabeth Ward Gracen | Gennifer Flowers | Connie Hamzy | Dolly Kyle Browning | Sally Miller (Sally Perdue) | Lencola Sullivan

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 12, 2016, 12:17:39 PM »
People are more afraid of being a victim of terror than someone close to them dying? That is nuts. You've probably got more chance of being struck by lightning than being a victim of terror, especially in the US.

Someone over there has been doing a lot of fearmongering. McDonalds probably presents a far bigger threat to US health than all terror groups put together. And as for gun ownership...
Obsessing about gun rights, terrorists, transgender people lurking in toilet stalls, etc. has become a hobby for a lot of people.  It's like a high school clique.  You learn what helps you fit in, and get reinforcement from the group when you say the right things.  People who've never held a gun in their lives have facebook pages filled with memes about why this or that firearm (you don't call them "guns") is not technically an "assault rifle".  I do believe those poll results--that many people really do fear those things more than deaths in the family, etc.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard