Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 244398 times)

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »
I gotta side w/ Stoneaxe on this one.  The Dems would do the same thing (hijack the convention) if a rogue flowerchild was dominating their primaries.
That still might happen, don't discount the possibility.  All you hear about in the media is the chances of the GOP convention being a cluster fu(k, but there is just as good of a chance with the dem's convention IMO.  The Bern hasn't gone away, I expect him to do fairly well out west, and all of Hillary's super delegates could still turn on a dime.  Cue the Jaws theme.
It takes a quiver to do that.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2016, 07:51:05 PM »
I'm  not  going  to  rant  about  what  a  bozo   Trump  is , but I  think  is  the  whole  attitude  of  the  Republican  party is off. It  is  so  typical  of  them  to  totally  disregard  the  will  and  the  opinion  of  the  majority  of  the  people  they  pretend  to  represent . The  fact  is  the  majority  of  the  Republicans feel  that  Trump  is  their  choice ,  BUT  the party  think  that  they  are  wrong  and  the  party  knows  best. They  are  doing  what  ever  they  can  to  stop  Trump  and  support  someone  their  voters  don't  want .  I agree  with  the  Republicans  that  Trump  is  the  wrong  guy,  but they  should  support  what  their  voters  want .

This is the   way  they  now do business  .  When  the  majority  of  Americans  want  health  care, want  sensible  gun laws , and  want actions to stop  global  climate  change ,  the  party  says  "no way , we  know  better  what  you  need  so  shut  up , we'll  do  what  we  feel  is  best" . They  want  to  legislate  by doctrine ,  not by and for  the  people

A democrat superdelegate says what?

Both parties are corrupt, making this just about republicans says more about your bias than anything.

I'm not making this just about Republicans, BUT as a Republican outsider, I find humor looking at how the Republicans are dealing with their Trump child.  It's kind of like seeing the neighbor who raised a pit-bull puppy by being mean to it. There comes a certain satisfaction when the tormented pit-bull grows up and bites its tormentor. That is what I see with the Republicans, they created an environment for Trump to prosper and now they have a hard time living with it.

As for your belief that I have Democratic delegate bias, I have probably voted for more Republicans than Democrats (but I will probably never vote Republican again unless they change their ways).

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »
If you think the Republican race is freaky, wait until Hilary gets indicted.  Will Bernie be the nominee?  Will it be John Kerry, or Michelle Obama?  Maybe Oprah Winfrey?  Maybe Liz Warren, the woman who defrauded Harvard by pretending to be an American Indian to get a job there.  Can Hilary run and get elected while under indictment, then pardon herself before any trial?

When people who are witnesses in federal investigations get immunity, it means that they have come in with their lawyer and met with the FBI and prosecutors, and have given what is called a proffer.  The witness tells everything he knows, and if it substantially helps the governments investigation, he is offered immunity.  If what he knows isn't much help, no offer is made and his statements cannot be used.  So in this criminal grand jury investigation (there is no such thing in the FBI as a "security review") they are going to indict people, or maybe a person.  The Clintons have a history of structuring illegal acts with legal precision, so that they could be indicted but probably not convicted.  Will that be the case here?  Or did Obama tell his new Attorney General the job would be hers if she keeps Hilary from being indicted.  Mishandling of classified info is a felony, even if you don't set up a home brew server to house it, with no protection from prying keyboards, like Russia, China and Iran.  It will be interesting.  "Me and Chelsea was under constant sniper fire."  "I was named after Sir Edmund Hilary". (Even though Sir Edmund Was unknown until he climbed Everest several years after Hilary was born.  Maybe she wasn't named until she was 8? 

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 10:39:13 PM »
Agreed, Cruz's response ("Donald, you sniveling coward") seemed rehearsed and phony.  Or as Jimmy Kimmel put it, "how many hours did he practice that in the mirror at home?"

Does Cruz say anything that isn't rehearsed and phony? Everything he says seems like it is rehearsed talking points with long pauses in between and in a preacher like cadence. I wonder if he talks to his wife and kids like that (and his 5 mistresses!). It is nauseatingly phony. I can't believe people still fall for this crap. He might be the creepiest politician I've seen since Wiener. I was driving in my car today and heard him say: "I HAVE NO DESIRE TO COPULATE WITH DONALD TRUMP." Swear to gawd he said that! I was drinking from a bottle of water at that moment and almost choked to death from laughing so hard.

This election has been entertaining. Bread and circuses for everyone!
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2016, 10:45:20 PM »
If you think the Republican race is freaky, wait until Hilary gets indicted.

These creeps protect their own kind. Both Bush's are still free and since her rapist "husband" Bill hasn't been put in a cage then I doubt they will do anything to Hitlery. Hope springs eternal, though.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 11:43:48 PM »
Cruz completely creeps me out. I picture him as the candidate in the Stephen King book the Dead Zone. He'd be pushing the button while screaming Praise Jesus.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 06:13:19 AM »
Agreed, Cruz's response ("Donald, you sniveling coward") seemed rehearsed and phony.  Or as Jimmy Kimmel put it, "how many hours did he practice that in the mirror at home?"
Does Cruz say anything that isn't rehearsed and phony
I saw the "you sniveling coward" last night. Oh my word. Really?
I have heard Grandpa Munster,  Ed Grimley and others but I would have to say something out of Stephen King really fits. Been way, way long since I read Dead Zone but yeah.....oh geez.
I don't like him. He reeks sleazy and seems about as genuine as the guy setting you up for three card monte but........I do think I would want him on my side in a courtroom.
(hmmmm, I guess that's kind of scary what that really says)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:17:42 AM by lucabrasi »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 06:23:01 AM »
Ideology aside, I think Trump may have finally jumped the shark w/ his tweet-pic about Cruz's wife...

Trump knows his base and if you trust polls at all (I would not blame if you don't) this is not their issue.  https://us.yahoo.com/news/who-s-really-voting-for-trump---portraits-beyond-the-polls-061622809.html

Polling demographics from the above shows Trump supporter indication as:

voters over 45
voters who earn less than $50,000 a year
voters (especially white voters) who didn’t graduate from college
voters from rural areas
voters who are “angry” at the government
voters who are “very worried” about the economy
voters who think trade “takes away” U.S. jobs
voters who fear that they are “falling behind”
voters who think that illegal immigrants ought to be deported
voters who believe that Muslims should be temporarily banned from entering the country
voters who are convinced that the GOP nominee should come from “outside the establishment”
voters who, above all else, want a president who “tells it like it is” or can “bring about needed change”
voters who settled on their candidate of choice more than a month ago

This sentence rings true:

Yet the strongest indicator of support for Trump — stronger than gender, age, race/ethnicity, employment status, educational attainment, household income, attitudes toward Muslims, attitudes toward illegal immigrants or attitudes toward Hispanics — was a feeling of voicelessness; according to RAND, Republicans were 86.5 percent more likely to prefer the Manhattan mogul if they “somewhat” or “strongly” agreed that “people like me don't have any say about what the government does.”

Anger at the system is the story of this election. 

Clinton could not be a more perfect representation of what is hated by this group about the system. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:39:57 AM by Admin »

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 07:31:24 AM »
so, where  does  all  the  anger  come  from ? Are  things  that  bad  or  does watching    all  the  24  hour  news  promote  it ?

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 09:29:27 AM »
I honestly understand that working class frustration. People want to work, and they want good jobs. With all those trade deals sending jobs out of the country, people are angry. I don't see how they can see a sleazy billionaire as someone who can help them, but perhaps I'm missing something. I'm from New York, and it's been clear for thirty years that the only person Donald Trump truly helps and cares about is Donald Trump.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 10:18:56 AM »
If you listen to Trump, he has simple answers for all the complex questions. Stop terrorists Muslim extremists- bomb the shit out of them;  can't find a job- that's because too many Mexicans are taking your job, so I'll build a wall and make them pay for it; too many school children being shot by crazies- give assault rifles to all the teachers.

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 10:40:13 AM »
Personally? I'm one of the guys that are just soooooo tired of politics as usual and like Trumps lack of political correctness and his willingness to "tell it like it is". I don't get into listening to negative publicity by ANY candidate which most is directed to Donny. The parties are scared shitless that Don will upset their ability to continue their personal agendas that serve nobody but themselves. Many things in Trumps "to do" list are not feasable (deporting illegals, etc) however his business mind can very well be of great assistance to us economically.

One of the biggest arguments against him are that he is is anti immigration when actually it's ILLEGAL immigration he's against. Most of the haters tend to leave out the ILLEGAL part of the sentence. The Muslim refugees being accepted? I don't think you need to look past what's happening in Europe to see the outcome.

Also realize that the prez can't just do whatever he wants. We have a congress that sees to that. Is Trump the answer to everything? No. Can he help move things in a better direction? Possibly. I just can't stand Hillary and will vote for anyone that's running against her.
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2016, 02:08:56 PM »
give assault rifles to all the teachers.

Being a teacher, I have only one thing to say about giving assault rifles to teachers; "Cool!"   
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:11:22 PM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 05:20:20 PM »
One of the biggest arguments against him are that he is is anti immigration when actually it's ILLEGAL immigration he's against. Most of the haters tend to leave out the ILLEGAL part of the sentence. The Muslim refugees being accepted? I don't think you need to look past what's happening in Europe to see the outcome.
Can you please explain this last sentence? I'm a European, and I don't know what you mean.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal