Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 244430 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Laugh at Trump all you want
« on: March 23, 2016, 09:10:10 PM »
But what do we do about this. I feel as terrible as anyone for refugees but do we want this on our shores too? I wouldn't say no to them all....just all the fighting age men.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_BRUSSELS_ATTACKS_CELLS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-03-23-15-15-46
Even Trudeau our progressive friend to the north agrees.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/01/europe-refugees-migrant-crisis-men-213500

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:14:03 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

digger71

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »
I certainly don't have a good solution but that first article just makes me sad for the current state of journalism.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
Yeah, that was a mess, but the standard for AP stringers back to the beginning of AP/UPI. Never intended to be read by anyone other than pros, or copy/pasted into newspapers or read on radio/TV. Strange that they've added a little opinion to the bit, I guess they're being fashionable.

If Trump was a solution for anything his views might matter, but he's an ego-driven whacko who should be laughed out of public life.

It's easy to see in History how big migrations change the nature of the countries that receive the immigrants. It's going to be a different world, certainly a different Europe. Historically immigrants never leave, and they create their own culture--an amalgam of what the left behind and what the new place is. Turning back a large portion of the young males would be a partial solution and might reduce the inevitable violence (wouldn't help much with terrorist infiltration), but liberal governments are incapable of that kind of action. It would be as damaging to the countries affected as accepting the influx, and the influx is probably unstoppable even for totalitarian states. Even the brutal government of Saddam Hussein couldn't eliminate the Kurds from Northern Iraq, though he killed a lot of them.

The notion that you would take Trump to any degree seriously because he trumpets (tee hee) a vicious rhetoric on race and immigration that corresponds to one of your viewpoints makes me want to puke. That's how we toss away the last of what is good in this country.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 12:55:54 PM »
It's not trump I support. I've always thought him pretty despicable. But I find the attitude of progressives suicidal and I hate the establishment on both sides. I'm very likely to sit this one out or write in Elmer Fudd...... :P. I don't think our choices for Pres have ever been worse....not since I've been voting anyway.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 01:00:27 PM »
Bound to be an independent candidate. I think Elmer will get a lot of votes. Both parties need a rip and replace. Both think the elected officials owe the party instead of the people. It's unfortunate that revolutions create a power vacuum that enables the most vicious and prepared fringe to gain power. That is essentially what is happening in America, a sad revolution.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 04:19:12 PM »
Actually, from what I understand, Mickey Mouse has always placed very well, first among cartoon characters, and I expect that he just may get a record number of votes for him this time around.
It takes a quiver to do that.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 05:36:24 PM »
Yes, ego driven and even whacko fits.  I do love how he is such a party pooper for the whole process that we have made for ourselves. I am not sure who "we" would be in that tho it has been made by "us". Do I like the entertainment of him spoiling the party more or do I like the....we've made such a mess serves us right more? I don't know. The thing with Trump is I think you really have to look at the whole context of what he says even more so than with anyone ever before. Yeah, lots of stupid stuff coming out of his mouth even following the entire context, plenty capable buffoon but it seems far easier to......make him look bad without following the entire context. Maybe that is all that one needs to think about? I don't know. I do think Hillary or Cruz scare me more even tho Donald wants to be king. Bernie? I won't go there tho he scares me less than the other two (maybe 3) but the whole thing is still rather interesting I think. No matter what happens I do sincerely hope that the system and idea that was put in place a bit more than 200 years ago to keep it from running amok from one persons view can keep it somewhat in check. Just seems harder to do all the time.....seems there are only two views of late more and more and I think that is where Trump catches on.

......... Historically immigrants never leave, and they create their own culture--an amalgam of what the left behind and what the new place is. Turning back a large portion of the young males would be a partial solution and might reduce the inevitable violence (wouldn't help much with terrorist infiltration), but liberal governments are incapable of that kind of action. It would be as damaging to the countries affected as accepting the influx, and the influx is probably unstoppable even for totalitarian states. Even the brutal government of Saddam Hussein couldn't eliminate the Kurds from Northern Iraq, though he killed a lot of them.
What a dilemna. Who can't see both sides of this migration thing right now with all to consider because of all that is going on? I had to look up amalgam and tho I am sure I know far less history I don't see anything close to that from the shit holes of Montana, Oklahoma, the Dakotas or other places even on to suburbia, rural living, or big city life 500?, 400?, 300?, 200? years later anywhere here in the U.S./North America. I guess that's what progress does for you. I don't know.
So.......turn the men away. End up with a few men, lots of women and even kids. Who is the Joseph Smith of the Muslims? Is he alive now? I guess they already "allow" multiple wives but......is this setting up for Muslim Mormons?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:54:30 PM by lucabrasi »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »
Actually I wasn't writing about US history, more Asia and Europe. US history is short and odd.

The US IS immigration. Nothing but. Even the "native americans" have only been here less than 12,000 years. The rest of us are recent immigrants. In 1610 there were fewer than 500 white people. 400 years--the blink of an eye. In 1848 before the treaty of Hildago the population of the west was primarily hispanic and indian. The Gold Rush brought about 100,000 white people to California.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:05:05 PM by PonoBill »

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 10:16:49 AM »
I'm  not  going  to  rant  about  what  a  bozo   Trump  is , but I  think  is  the  whole  attitude  of  the  Republican  party is off. It  is  so  typical  of  them  to  totally  disregard  the  will  and  the  opinion  of  the  majority  of  the  people  they  pretend  to  represent . The  fact  is  the  majority  of  the  Republicans feel  that  Trump  is  their  choice ,  BUT  the party  think  that  they  are  wrong  and  the  party  knows  best. They  are  doing  what  ever  they  can  to  stop  Trump  and  support  someone  their  voters  don't  want .  I agree  with  the  Republicans  that  Trump  is  the  wrong  guy,  but they  should  support  what  their  voters  want .

This is the   way  they  now do business  .  When  the  majority  of  Americans  want  health  care, want  sensible  gun laws , and  want actions to stop  global  climate  change ,  the  party  says  "no way , we  know  better  what  you  need  so  shut  up , we'll  do  what  we  feel  is  best" . They  want  to  legislate  by doctrine ,  not by and for  the  people

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 10:23:31 AM »
Ideology aside, I think Trump may have finally jumped the shark w/ his tweet-pic about Cruz's wife...
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 11:30:35 AM »
I'm  not  going  to  rant  about  what  a  bozo   Trump  is , but I  think  is  the  whole  attitude  of  the  Republican  party is off. It  is  so  typical  of  them  to  totally  disregard  the  will  and  the  opinion  of  the  majority  of  the  people  they  pretend  to  represent . The  fact  is  the  majority  of  the  Republicans feel  that  Trump  is  their  choice ,  BUT  the party  think  that  they  are  wrong  and  the  party  knows  best. They  are  doing  what  ever  they  can  to  stop  Trump  and  support  someone  their  voters  don't  want .  I agree  with  the  Republicans  that  Trump  is  the  wrong  guy,  but they  should  support  what  their  voters  want .

This is the   way  they  now do business  .  When  the  majority  of  Americans  want  health  care, want  sensible  gun laws , and  want actions to stop  global  climate  change ,  the  party  says  "no way , we  know  better  what  you  need  so  shut  up , we'll  do  what  we  feel  is  best" . They  want  to  legislate  by doctrine ,  not by and for  the  people

A democrat superdelegate says what?

Both parties are corrupt, making this just about republicans says more about your bias than anything.
Bob

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 11:39:30 AM »
Ideology aside, I think Trump may have finally jumped the shark w/ his tweet-pic about Cruz's wife...

Jumped the shark?  Obvious from the content what it means but never have heard that expression before.  Some kind of New England one?  I think you're right.  His, 'is he really a Mormon' remark in Utah didn't work well either but this will be a much larger reaction. 

I'm a smart guy.  Went to the Wharton school of hard warts.  I know downwinding.  You learn some things, OK?  I can find glides and recognize the peak of a swell and I tell you this, he's peaked.  It's been tremendous so far but the man has peaked.  Honestly, peaked.  It's all downhill from now folks.  He's a poser.  He's gliding down.  Will he pitch his nose in and get thrown over the front?  I don't know, but I've heard.  It can be a hard fall.

But god bless him (I won't).  He's provided some hilarious grist thanks to you and some others on this forum. 

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 11:59:13 AM »
Actually I wasn't writing about US history, more Asia and Europe. US history is short and odd.

The US IS immigration. Nothing but. Even the "native americans" have only been here less than 12,000 years. The rest of us are recent immigrants. In 1610 there were fewer than 500 white people. 400 years--the blink of an eye. In 1848 before the treaty of Hildago the population of the west was primarily hispanic and indian. The Gold Rush brought about 100,000 white people to California.

This is so on the money and a fact that many keep burying their heads in the sand about.  My father's side of the family were illegal immigrants from Norway in the 1850.  In those days undesirable Norse farmers were shuttled out to the most dangerous Indian country and miserable cold... Minnesota.  My grandfather was born there and became an 'anchor baby' when Minnesota became a state in 1858.  My other grandfather brought over a French bride from WWI.  So our Mom was also an anchor baby when she was born in Annapolis.

It's so strange to see how the two parties have morphed.  In the old days the GOP were progressives and the democrats were the hardened party of the elite.

starman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 12:08:28 PM »
Well headmount you must have enjoyed surfing too much in your youth to watch much TV. Go ahead and Googe Fonzie Jumps the Shark to experience the moment. There after the expression was used to describe anything that was long past it's prime.

I'll take Trump over Cruz any day. Trump has almost no chance at a win in the general election. However Cruz gives me the creeps. I get the same vibe from him as I would from a pedofile. That and I am starting to believe he's "The Havana Candidate". Born and groomed to be Fidel's revenge on the USA.

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 01:58:23 PM »
I gotta side w/ Stoneaxe on this one.  The Dems would do the same thing (hijack the convention) if a rogue flowerchild was dominating their primaries.

As for calls that this is the "death" of the Republican party, how so?  There will always be a core constituency that opposes liberalism/progressivism; those folks will always side w/ the Republicans in future elections, no matter if 2016 ends in a trainwreck.

Agreed, Cruz's response ("Donald, you sniveling coward") seemed rehearsed and phony.  Or as Jimmy Kimmel put it, "how many hours did he practice that in the mirror at home?"

-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill
April 23, 2024, 07:55:28 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 07:26:43 PM
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 06:56:28 PM
post Need a new Impact Vest
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 06:36:51 PM
post Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 04:22:52 PM
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
Dwight (DW)
April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
post Re: Erik Antonson interview with Stacy Peralta
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
post Fanatic 8.3 Allwave
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 01:24:35 PM
post Re: At what age did you, or do you plan to retire?
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:24:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal