Author Topic: Spring Sunova Demo Tour - supthecreek & Tino - Miami to Maine in late March  (Read 29125 times)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

supthecreek

Ninja... good to see you in Flagler today!
I had a day to visit some friends in Flagler Beach and managed to show the Sunovas to a few folks.

I had not seen my old friend Robin in 40 years.... ripper surfer that a neck injury moved him onto a Surf Ski.

Ninja got to ride the 8'2 Flow and the 8'4 Acid.... i got back on my 8'10 Speeed for the first time since wetsuit weather. For a laugh, I took out the 106 liter Acid and managed to get up on it and paddle a few strokes before it threw me.

Robbie Goodwin, his buddy Ryan and Snowstorms to Palm trees and freshly minted Sunovas :)

After a stop at JimK's, I diverted around the Baltimore/DC mess with a tour of the farming valleys of central Pa..... one stop later, I was picking up Tino at Orlando International Airport and heading back up to Mikes house in JAX (mdsurf on the Zone)
Mike and his lovely wife have been super good to us.... lumping boards, dining out, lavish accommodations.... and non-stop SUP videos on the wall sized 4K plazma ;D ;D ;D

Thanks mdsurf and SUPette!

The container pulled into Mikes driveway and the unloading began.
I kept Tino and Mike working, while I shouted encouragement as I winced convincingly while rubbing my lower back.

Demos start Saturday officially..... but I may do an impromptu demo in Flagler Beach tomorrow afternoon.... any interest on here???? Zoners?... please reply to this thread now, while I am contemplating this  :)

Robbie the Ripper, his dad and friend Ryan showed up to say hi.... both these youngsters are sponsored and headed for the big stage. Robbie place 2nd in Huntington  NSSA Championships. I keep trying him to add SUP to his game.... but he was more interested in the Sunova shortboard I showed them.

Some pics from todays little outing. I took the cam out in my boardshorts so the later pics are blurry.

Tomorrow we have our first demo at Poles in Jacksonville... parking lot 8 at 8 AM.

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Good seeing you Creek and getting to try some boards.

I was able to try the 8'4 acid and the 8'1 flow in the small and choppy waves we had.  The flow was the smallest board have yet to stand on at 100L with me being 191 lbs that morning.  I caught one measly little wave on it.  If it was bigger and cleaner I might have been able to give an assessment of it.  I was able to play on the 8'4 acid and catch a few small waves. That board has some potential in better stuff. A little easier at  either 106 or 116 liters (Correct me on that please Creek).  Then I took out the 8'10 speed for the waist high crumblers on the outside.  It was all I could muster out of the days offerings.

I was planning on meeting you and everyone again in Jacksonville on Saturday.  When I was driving home Friday, my parents had some issues that kept me busy all the way through this afternoon, so I had to miss all the fun. But had I time to think while fixing things over the  weekend.

Just an idea for a future demo with guaranteed waves. Yes I said guaranteed waves in Florida. We could rent out Typhoon Lagoon at disney for a board demo.  I have surfed there about 10 times in the past.  While it is not Costa or Fiji, it could definitely be fun.  People would get a could chance to see all the boards in actual decent surf.   It would be a little bit more planning to pick a date. It would also be more for people to travel there. But the waves are guaranteed as long we don't get a lightning storm. Just a thought. If you build it, they will come.

my edit. I know the 8'4 acid shows 97 L in the paperwork, but the one creek had said either 106 or 116 on it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:12:38 AM by ninja tuna »

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Ninja:  Great to read your report....As for Typhoon Lagoon, +1!  I recently spent a week and watched the wind blow out of the east (onshore) while perched on my hotel balcony overlooking the Cocoa Beach Pier for 5 solid days.  Major bummer but that's Momma Nature.  Would have been nice to have a sure bet especially for those looking to demo a specific board or two!.

Looking forward to more pics and posts from Creek.....I'm sure he's full bore!!!!
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

supthecreek

Full bore is an apt description. 18 hours yesterday, 4 hours sleep, 5 hour drive, 9 hours on the beach with demo, pack up and drive till 10pm

No internet for me to post pics and update. Just a pre crash quickie to say Jacksonville was a freeking blast with Mike (mdsurf) and 30 JAX SUPsters. I love the crowd that Mike draws.... awesome people. Fun waves!
I did get a nice ride on the 14' Search!!!!! Very very cool board. I took some Iphone vids of Tino riding it today in Jupiter. Awesome board!!!!

Met some really nice people today in Jupiter.
Hopefully tomorrow I will get internet access and post some pics and info.
Falling asleep. Gotta crash ;-)

Sunova_Tino

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wow. It's great to back you guys.

Saturday was amazing in Jacksonville, FL. Mike Deeney pulled his master strings and got over 30 people activated that we're stoked to try out over 20 of our boards in all kinds of sizes:

- acid 8'7
- acid 9'4
- flow 8'1
- flow 8'10
- flow 9'2
- Speeed 8'2
- Speeed 8'10
- Speeed 9'5
- soul 8'11
- soul 9'5
- surf 9'5 ecotec
- surf 10'2
- surf 10'6
- search 14'
- venture 12'6
- faast 14' x 26
- boss 6'2
- Dynamo 6'6
- longboard pro 9'2

Will post some pics below and you can check our Facebook page Sunova surfboards.

Here also a few vids of the crazy conditions in Jupiter and the most cool board of the day - the search.

Demo

Search

See you in Myrtle Beach on Tursday.

Thanx Tino

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
I'd love to demo some of those beautiful Sunova's. I wish we had demo days like that in San Diego. Demo a board here and it'll cost you $40.00 to $80.00 per day for one board.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

supthecreek

You got it magenta.....

Sunova tries really hard to reach out with a great stock of demo boards for us to try.

The interesting part of these trips, for me, is to see how much work goes into putting on a demo......and to have the owner of Sunova doing all the grunt work is so old school... it's great to be a part of :)

Here are some shots from the Jacksonville demo.... my highlight? I got 1 really fun wave on the 14' Search! ;D ;D ;D

supthecreek

Jupiter Demo fell on Easter Sunday with strong onshore winds, and sunny
I gotta say.... the women showed up at this one  :) :)

Some quick shots from Jupiter... we are going surfing right now!

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Pictures 9 and 10 tell the story Creek, you obviously took those shots at about the same time ;D

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
Wow!  Really awesome that you guys are doing this demo tour.  It seems so rare to have so many board shapes to choose from and even rarer to have those boards in different sizes, and to have them all in one place right on the beach is almost unheard of.  Thanks for spreading and sharing the stoke, and I hope you guys do a California tour.
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
The Jax SUP group would like to thank Tino and Creek for putting onsuch a great demo with 20 Demo boards, all with leashes and paddles.  First class.  7am to 7pm for everyone to try boards.  They even provided food and drink.  I will put up some photos soon.  Thanks guys.

Sunova_Tino

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks to you mdsurf again for the job of taking care of us 2 crazy guys. We had a lot of fun and we shall be back! Soon.
The loading of the 50 boards into the mega truck was what I was afraid of until now. It was much easier than I thought with your help. What a monster. Pics below.

It's on the way with driver truckthecreek right now to MYRTLE BEACH. Next demo stop is there:

1) GARDEN CITY, SC (close to Myrtle Beach)
TUESDAY  29TH  @9:00-14:00
Yupon, Pine just north of the Garden City Pier

And on Wednesday to Thursday we shall be in Writsville, NC with our friends Jason on ℅ from Carolina Paddleboard Co 
2) Carolina Paddleboard Co. (Is there Facebook page)
1322 Airlie Rd
Wilmington, NC, 28403
(910) 679-4473
WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY 30TH/31TH March

Oh and yes we had at least 3 beers before we put that SUNOVA sticker on the truck. But hey. It's visible

Later.
Tino

Glenn B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Is Virginia Beach still a "go" for a Friday demo?  Hope so. 

Thanks,
Glenn

Sunova_Tino

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yes Glenn it is.
It's full power for Friday:
https://www.facebook.com/events/910686052382682/

Then:
Saturday @ NJ: extreme windsurfing
Sunday @ RI: Matunuck
Tuesday @ NH: Cinnamon Rainbows
Wednesday @ ME: Soposup

Find all details on our Facebook page here:

Make sure to follow instructions to win a board there.

Thanx,
Tino

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal