Author Topic: Sunova FLOW  (Read 22899 times)

nalu-sup

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sunova FLOW
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 01:41:13 PM »
Nice pics; tell us more. Flow? What length? I hear that Creek and Tino are doing another demo; were you demoing this board, and how did you like it? How did it compare to other boards if you were at the demo? 
8'7" Sunova Flow 
8'8" Sunova SP25
9'0" Elua Makani
9'0" Tabou SupaSurf 
14' SIC Bullet 2020

kliss99

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2016, 04:31:20 PM »
Nice pics; tell us more. Flow? What length? I hear that Creek and Tino are doing another demo; were you demoing this board, and how did you like it? How did it compare to other boards if you were at the demo?
Hi Nalu,

It's the 9'2 Flow.  I own this one.  I like this board much better after I swapped the side fins with 3" true Ames side bites.  I ride it as a tri.  Where I live I have to ride mostly on my back hand and felt the stock fins were holding me back, now it's looser and easier for me to do s-turns down the line.  The rare times I get to ride it front side the board cranks and I need to drive south one of these days to ride lefts.
STC mentioned in his review of this Sup that it yaws and that is true.  When going for a wave I need to sort of go at an angle and time it right otherwise it quickly changes direction and I get screwed up; lately I've been quickly changing paddle side with one strong paddle then switching back and it helps keep me straight.

I participated in the Sunova demo in LBI, I rode the 9'5 Speeed and the 9'5 or 9 2 soul, both felt much too large.  I regret not demoing the 8' 10 Speeed, I hear so many good things about it.
8'6 JL Superfrank
8'10 NSP Surf Wide
9'2 Fanatic Allwave 2013
14' NSP Cocomat

supthecreek

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2016, 05:52:22 PM »
Wow Ken.... great shots... the Flow looks smaller with you on it.... how does that happen?  :)

I am glad you are happy with it...and got some photos.

Tino and I are not doing demos this trip... he has just enough time to visit each shop, so I decided to cruise down to "wetstuffs" and test his new Shroom! "wetstuff" graciously let me take the Shroom south with me. New "Shroom" thread after I get home. (hint.... 8'3 a mere 126 L.... and it was a cakewalk for me at my current 240 lbs)

I crossed paths with Tino 4 times as we both made our separate ways down to Virginia Beach, where we got some great surf sessions with the VA Beach crew from Freedom Surf Shop. More later on another thread.

Ken.... I am in MD tonight and want to cruise the Jersy shore tomorrow.... calling cookie man to start down there... let me know if you are around, I will have the 8'3 Shroom with me to oogle.

kliss99

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 05:56:43 PM »
Wow Ken.... great shots... the Flow looks smaller with you on it.... how does that happen?  :)

I am glad you are happy with it...and got some photos.

Tino and I are not doing demos this trip... he has just enough time to visit each shop, so I decided to cruise down to "wetstuffs" and test his new Shroom! "wetstuff" graciously let me take the Shroom south with me. New "Shroom" thread after I get home. (hint.... 8'3 a mere 126 L.... and it was a cakewalk for me at my current 240 lbs)

I crossed paths with Tino 4 times as we both made our separate ways down to Virginia Beach, where we got some great surf sessions with the VA Beach crew from Freedom Surf Shop. More later on another thread.

Ken.... I am in MD tonight and want to cruise the Jersy shore tomorrow.... calling cookie man to start down there... let me know if you are around, I will have the 8'3 Shroom with me to oogle.
Hey Rick,

I have work but can be flexible, give me a shout and maybe I can sneak away.  Thanks for letting me know,
8'6 JL Superfrank
8'10 NSP Surf Wide
9'2 Fanatic Allwave 2013
14' NSP Cocomat

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 09:20:20 AM »
Anyone know where I can get a set of fins for my 9'6" Flow? Lost mine :-(
Thx!!

supthecreek

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 01:10:51 PM »
Anyone know where I can get a set of fins for my 9'6" Flow? Lost mine :-(
Thx!!

Probably 105's which are pretty sizable fins. Around 5" moderate sweep
Many standard fins work quite well in the Flow.

If you want stock fins, click my email address below and contact me.

I buy a lot of fins from AliExpress.
Yeah, yeah, I know.... but fins are expensive and I am poor.
I get sets for $25 to $50 and they are basically the same as the $140 sets

Two things to be aware of:
1 - shipping charges.... many are free, but some charge exorbitant fees. So look at the bottom of the order area for sorta small print!
2 - estimated arrival time.... most say 30-45 days. BUT, some say 6 months. I get most in under 3 weeks. Usually right next to shipping costs.

"Ho Stevie" also has some pretty good prices if he has stock

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2022, 03:42:27 AM »
I just noticed that the Flow is missing from the lineup on the website. Has it been discontinued? That seems like a crazy move. The Flow was one of the best boards Sunova ever had and is still my favorite board to this day.
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2022, 08:21:17 AM »
It's listed under legends--Casey

They modified the original to make it more high performance. Here's their description: THE NEW, IMPROVED, FLOW 2.0 is a collaborative shape between Marcus Tardrew, Bert Burger and James (Jimmy) Casey. This board has all the original performance features of the Flow built-in, now with a step deck and even thinner rails for more radical performance.

It’s one of the most versatile surf shapes in our range for everyday conditions. Check one out if you want to be ready for anything the ocean throws your way.

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2022, 09:51:12 AM »
I didn't notice the Legends category because it wasn't under SUP. Lots of nice boards there. A lot of people browsing the website might totally overlook it.

I'm familiar with the Casey Flow. I remember when it came out. All they did was improve it.   8)

I don't surf much anymore and have moved on to wing foil but I still keep my Flow for those glassy summer swell days.

Wing foiling is like surfing an endless wave without having to paddle back out.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 10:09:31 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal