Author Topic: Anyone stay at Palladium in Puerto Vallarta recenlty  (Read 3837 times)

SUPvol

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone stay at Palladium in Puerto Vallarta recenlty
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:01:10 AM »
I ran acrosse a few very positives posts about The Palladium in Puerto Vallarta, but they seemed to be a few years old. Anyone stay there recently. Is there still a decent break infront of the resort. Looking at maybe going the first week of August with wife - thanks for any suggestions.

surfk9

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone stay at Palladium in Puerto Vallarta recenlty
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 03:56:53 PM »
Never stayed at the Palladium, now the Grand Palladium.  I do, however, live part time a few miles north in San Pancho and can tell you that Punta Burros is still located right by the Palladium, hasn't moved.  Check Surfline.com for their Burro's cam to see what's happening.  August is a good month for south swells and Burros likes souths.  It will be hot, it will be humid, it wii rain, GO, you should have a great time.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 05:04:13 PM »
We've stayed there twice. Surf is good right off the beach on the property, no need to surf anywhere else. There are two resorts, The Palladium is the family oriented resort and the Royal is more upscale, nicer, better food, and more expensive. If you stay at the Royal, you can use all the other's facilities, but not the other way around. The Palladium does have an adults only section with a 'quiet pool'. If you shop all the travel sites you may find a good discount. They have a water sports facility on the beach that will keep your board for you, which is nice, but they don't open it until 9:00 am, so when you use it, you miss the early surf sessions.

I'd recommend renting a car from Gecko car rentals, best rental outfit in all of Mexico.  There is also a surfboard shop in Buscaria (may not have spelled that right) that I think is called Blue Coral. They rented SUPs. You are also close to Sayulita, which has some SUP rentals.

PabstSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »
Haven't stayed at the Palladium but have surfed Burros.  We stayed in Punta De Mita at the Quinta Del Sol (awesome hotel) and rented a pickup with surf racks from Gecko - great outfit.  We liked staying in Punta De Mita since there are great food options all over town from cheap to high-end.  You can usually surf right out front of the Hotel if there's a decent swell and can also paddle about 20min down the coast to La Lancha which picks up pretty much any swell.  We drove the pickup to a spot right next to the Resort and made a short 5min walk to the beach down a well trodden jungle path.  Burros is probably the best wave in the Bay so staying at the hotel would work well if you can score a deal.  Make sure to pack some booties though - sea urchins are plentiful down there! 
Hobie Raw 8'11
Sunova Flow 8'4"
Sunova Speeed 8'10
SIC Bullet 14' ASS

p06781

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 01:02:19 PM »
+1 on the La quinta del sol in Punta Mita and Gecko for a surf truck rental . Morning sessions at Burros or La launcha , evenings in front the hotel at "stinkys" or anclote . Some times El farro is working or pay for a panga to the cove by the 4 seasons. The hotel usually has august/sept deals for $300 for a week ?  Having a car gives you options to surf other places, check out sayulita and old town PVR.

skibike

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 07:57:17 AM »
Im going the last weekend in May for a week...well let you know how it is.

Only thing that stinks is airline board fees. Decided to rent and Pacific Paddle in Bucerias has some high performance boards like the Starboard Pro that Im going to rent.

On a smaller swell looks like Burros is only really surf-able on a lower tide. Been checking the cams out daily.
L41 ST SIMSUP - 7'2 X 28" - 92L

p06781

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 08:41:13 PM »
I still think La launcha pulls in waves when nothing else is working .  They almost closed access to it a year ago but now made a public trail by the oxxo station . Before that it was sunrise till 6pm thru a gate . Some of my best sessions were getting dropped off at 5pm , surf till sunset and paddle or walk  back to Mita .  Next door is the "girls gone wild" casa and actually saw Kanye and Kim hanging out by the pool while walking the beach back under the careful watch of armed guards.

https://www.facebook.com/La-Lancha-Nayarit-201720413215440/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2731407/The-opulent-Mexican-villa-Kim-Kardashian-spent-summer-vacation-Kanye-West-baby-North.htm

Heading down in 3 weeks flying alaska with my board . 

Jim in pdx

Caribsurf

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 04:21:03 AM »

Only thing that stinks is airline board fees. Decided to rent and Pacific Paddle in Bucerias has some high performance boards like the Starboard Pro that Im going to rent.

Try getting an American Express platinum card...it offers an annual $200 credit for things like excess baggage , Arline fees, ticket changes etc...I use the credit 2 Times a year to fly with my boards.  the card also offers a lot of perks..airline lounges, concierge, discounts on hotels, etc.  I think the card annual fee is $350 or something like that, but I get more than enough back from that with all my travel..
Hobie Raw 8'10"
Jimmy Lewis Kwad 8'7"
Naish Hover 95 liter 5'7"
F-One Rocket foil board 5'5" 90 liters
Fanatic Aero 1250, 1500, 1750 HA foils
CabrinhaMantis 3.5, 4m 5m. F-One Strike 7m CWC
Hobie 14' race board

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal