Author Topic: Newbie nesds advice  (Read 45989 times)

supthecreek

Re: Newbie nesds advice
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2016, 04:04:08 PM »
Dave
When I upload from Imovie to YouTube, I get a choice of what resolution I want.

The higher the resolution, the fewer devices it will play on. I make all mine 720 so it plays on more media devices... all but the Iphone according to the chart.

I can't find a picture that matches my options, but this one will give you an idea of why it won't play on your phone.

ps... it's nice that you are still flirting and having fun with your wife after 15 years, kudos  :)

Dkyachtphoto

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2016, 04:34:55 PM »
Dave
When I upload from Imovie to YouTube, I get a choice of what resolution I want.

The higher the resolution, the fewer devices it will play on. I make all mine 720 so it plays on more media devices... all but the Iphone according to the chart.

I can't find a picture that matches my options, but this one will give you an idea of why it won't play on your phone.

ps... it's nice that you are still flirting and having fun with your wife after 15 years, kudos  :)
I didn't see that in imovie , that was in the old version I had. If you haven't updated yet don't....

Yea we're best friends so that helps. She's super cool and now that she's opening up to the ocean more its only gonna get better.

I'll look into the imovie settings,  I bet your right.... Thank you.

Dave

krash

• Rincon Status
  • Old fugger who loves to fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2016, 11:14:30 AM »
Dky...

Now that you've had the Bote Rackham & Ahab what is your experience show as far as a fishing platform. You paddle some similar areas as I fish in the back-country shallow flats...

How noisy are the Rackham and the Ahab in a steady oncoming breeze or winds where there is a light chop on the water.

I've paddled a few boards and still looking for a good fishing platform, the DragonFly 13.6 was great but heavy to haul around, the Voyager I currently have is terrible it is a real PITA to paddle into any wind and has horrible hull slap where the bow lifts then slaps down onto the surface.
Old fugger who just likes to fish

Dkyachtphoto

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2016, 11:26:39 AM »
Dky...

Now that you've had the Bote Rackham & Ahab what is your experience show as far as a fishing platform. You paddle some similar areas as I fish in the back-country shallow flats...

How noisy are the Rackham and the Ahab in a steady oncoming breeze or winds where there is a light chop on the water.

I've paddled a few boards and still looking for a good fishing platform, the DragonFly 13.6 was great but heavy to haul around, the Voyager I currently have is terrible it is a real PITA to paddle into any wind and has horrible hull slap where the bow lifts then slaps down onto the surface.
I have the Ahab and my wife has the HD 12. Both are extremely stable and dam near silent in the water. We have done several 10+ mile days loaded with gear and Yeti coolers. We also do a good bit of diving and snorkeling off them which they are great for as well. Other than the finish being a little fragile I couldn't be happier. I have a fiberglass guy who is going to do some beefing up on the Ahabs vulnerable areas as well as adding some shallow water fins "4 of them".

krash

• Rincon Status
  • Old fugger who loves to fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2016, 01:27:57 PM »
Thanks for the update and quick response.... any eps/foam board is going to be rather delicate compared to a gel-coat boat and the sup's are mostly some sort of spray paint that scratches easily, and the rails take a beating if not careful from the paddle edges.

Quiet is what I'm interested in..., but it has to paddle and pole well also.
Old fugger who just likes to fish

easy

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2016, 02:45:21 PM »
I fished a Bote Rackham for one day in the Marquesas [ west of Key West] and found it to be too noisy for permit fishing.  I tried to stand all the forward so the bow was totally in the water but it was still too loud going into a light headwind with very small waves.  The permit in the keys are very spooky and it doesn't take much wave slap to spook them.  I spent six winters fishing the flats out of Key West so I do have some experience with the conditions. The Rackham is a nice board but for me it has too much wave slap on the bow.  I have one for sale with one days use.

Dkyachtphoto

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2016, 04:25:02 PM »
Thanks for the update and quick response.... any eps/foam board is going to be rather delicate compared to a gel-coat boat and the sup's are mostly some sort of spray paint that scratches easily, and the rails take a beating if not careful from the paddle edges.

Quiet is what I'm interested in..., but it has to paddle and pole well also.
We paddled along dozens and dozens of mangrove islands in the keys and south of Marco Island. We went right over bonefish, snapper, Cuda, sharks manatees, etc... with hardly ever spooking anything. The bow of the Ahab and HD12 when loaded with gear slice through the the water insanely quietly. There's nothing for waves to smack against.

Dave

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
Today at 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
PonoBill
April 23, 2024, 07:55:28 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 07:26:43 PM
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 07:16:46 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 06:56:28 PM
post Need a new Impact Vest
spindrift
April 23, 2024, 06:36:51 PM
post Re: Ocean Rodeo Glide-Allula
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 06:06:50 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 04:22:52 PM
kiteboarder
April 23, 2024, 03:07:49 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 02:59:32 PM
Dwight (DW)
April 23, 2024, 02:41:07 PM
post Re: Erik Antonson interview with Stacy Peralta
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
post Fanatic 8.3 Allwave
[Classifieds]
firesurf
April 23, 2024, 01:28:40 PM
B-Walnut
April 23, 2024, 01:24:35 PM
post Re: At what age did you, or do you plan to retire?
[Random]
surfinJ
April 23, 2024, 01:24:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal