Author Topic: Go Chargers  (Read 3266 times)

surfcal

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Go Chargers
« on: January 08, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »
EVENTS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jan. 8, 2009
MAYOR JERRY SANDERS
NEWS RELEASE
IT’S ON: SANDERS, RAVENSTAHL AGREE TO WAGER ON
SUNDAY’S PLAYOFF GAME
San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders and Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl have agreed to terms of
a friendly wager on this Sunday's NFL playoff game between the San Diego Chargers and the
Pittsburgh Steelers.
If the Chargers win the game, Sanders will send Chargers swim trunks and a surf board donated
by Bob's Mission Surf Shop to Ravenstahl, and Ravenstahl will have to return a photo of himself
in the Chargers swim trunks, standing with the surfboard in front of one of Pittsburgh's famed
Three Rivers.
If the Steelers best the Chargers, Ravenstahl will send a Steelers jersey and winter cap and a pair
of skis donated by Willi's Ski & Board Shop in Pittsburgh to Sanders, who then must return to
Ravenstahl a photo of himself wearing the Steelers gear and holding the skis in the Penguin
Encounter at SeaWorld.
“I’m trying to decide what color frame would go best with my photo of Mayor Ravenstahl,”
Sanders said. “It sure isn’t going to be fun being outdoors in swim trunks in Pittsburgh this time
of year.”

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Go Chargers
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 11:14:16 AM »
Very cool.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 11:32:55 AM »
The best team with the best fans!!!!!!  ;D

It takes a quiver to do that.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 01:35:11 PM »
San Diego Union web site

January 08, 2009
Mayoral bet set on Chargers-Steelers match
San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders has agreed to terms on his wager with the mayor of Pittsburgh on Sunday's Chargers-Steelers playoff game, and he has fulfilled his promise that the stakes will rise as the Super Bowl nears.

Sanders already won some shrimp cocktail from the mayor of Indianapolis.

For his bet for this Sunday against Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl, the challenge is more complex.

If the Chargers win, Ravenstahl will have to pose for a photo in Chargers swim trunks, holding a surfboard in front of one of Pittsburgh's three rivers. (The board and trunks will be donated by Bob's Mission Surf Shop.)

If the Steelers win, Sanders will have to pose wearing a Steelers jersey and winter cap and holding a pair of skis at the Penguin Encounter at SeaWorld. (The gear will be donated by Willi's Ski & Board Shop in Pittsburgh.)

"I'm trying to decide what color frame would go best with my photo of Mayor Ravenstahl," Sanders said in a statement. "It sure isn't going to be fun being outdoors in swim trunks in Pittsburgh this time of year."

Should be a good show, either way. Maybe Sanders and SeaWorld can work out a deal to sell tickets, and help the city's oceanic budget gap.

surfcal

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »
Oh NO!
It's all my fault... :(

hawaiian.style

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 06:16:26 AM »
guess you can save your board and surf shorts now!

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 08:53:18 AM »
Gee whiz that's a nice looking board. I like the motorcycle too. I know some of you guys are thinking "what motorcycle, what board"?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Puamana4me

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 04:21:53 PM »
I think Mayor Jerry Sanders should pose for picture in Charger swim trunks flanked by SD City council in Charger swim trunks as well.

Good team building exercise for them, and show their Charger team spirit.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 08:25:18 PM »
Oh well...at least you lost to the SB Champs... ;D

Think how those poor Cardinal fans are feeling now....they must have thought they had it! BTW...who the hell names a FOOTBALL team the Cardinals. If your going to name a football team after a bird it has to be a raptor...something that kills what it eats.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal