Author Topic: PPG  (Read 22641 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: PPG
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2015, 11:30:09 PM »
Geez, that's a little too close to be funny. The convergence of age. All Asian guys look like Pat Morita and all Caucasians look like Wilford Brimley.

More important is the burning "did Mike Ditka fart" question, which I wandered across in searching for a picture of Wilford Brimley with medals. You could google it.

--or--

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/webm/2r9k.webm
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:33:10 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Clemdog

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: PPG and freaked out proners
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2015, 01:28:01 PM »
  ;) Was I the only one to take out demos at the Demo Zone?  Rode some great boards from Hobie  (CMLB Raw 9'4) and Riviera (Nugg), and my wife tried out a Fanatic 8'2 that she loved so much she bought it. 

One thing to note, the Demo Zone was located at the North end of the event, in an area that is normally off limits to SUPers.  There were some great waves, and quite a few proners in that area. Most of the proners were cool, but there were a few that just about came unglued that I was SUP surfing in "their" area. I politely explained that there was an exception to the no SUP rule for the weekend due to the GIANT and unmistakeable SUP event occurring just yards away. I even pointed out the enormous "Demo SUP Entry Area" sign right on the beach, but one older woman just would not shut up.  I think even some of the other proners got a little tired of her BS, but I ignored her after that.  It was pretty funny, actually. She was so worked up about it that I'm sure her session was no fun.

One proner tried the old "SUPs are dangerous" BS, and I asked him to explain to me why my SUP (I was on a 9'2" NUGG) was any more dangerous than his long board.  To his credit, he actually considered that and stopped complaining. 

So glad I don't SUP in Orange County!

Clem
Clem
San Diego
Naish 8'8 X32
Starboard 8'10 Wide Point
Starboard 9'5 Wide Point

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »
I know which woman you meant!! I took a couple of demo boards out and a woman started yelling at me that i couldn't surf there. A couple of the guys joined in too. I said "didn't you read the signs? Are you confused about what's going on here today?" The woman started almost screaming at me. I ignored her, but she certainly was irritating.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »
If you want to really get on her good side, your going to have sell everything you own and drop out of life. Then buy an old RV with cardboard windows and a bumper sticker that reads ' people who work don't surf." Then buy some old beater longboard with a glass in D fin the size of Texas. Don't take a shower ever and park your RV in the parking lot near the end of the jetty. Then you can just drink morning to night and sit on the jetty rocks yelling at all your new friends. You'll be on her .....side for sure  ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:26:42 PM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal