Author Topic: BRITISH ISLE - ISLE OF MAN  (Read 9318 times)

ManxSUP

• Waikiki Status
  • kook from the Isle of Man
    • View Profile
    • stuff I get up too...
    • Email
BRITISH ISLE - ISLE OF MAN
« on: August 21, 2015, 06:08:37 AM »
Yeah I know I'm probably going to be quite lonely on this site, but thought I should stake my claim, just in case any others wandered through...I'm a newby/intermediate, done some touristy stuff at Waikiki on a plank 2 years ago, now, due to the shit inconsistant surf we have here on the isle of Man, have taken a step sidewards from surfing as I so seldom get out due to conditions, now riding a 9' 5 Hokua GT Naish...

if there's anyone out there who stumbles on this on this rock, would be good to hear from you :-)
Kook from the Isle of Man. Mediocre at SUP, poor to average surfer, not bad on a motorcycle though...

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: BRITISH ISLE - ISLE OF MAN
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 07:15:02 AM »
On my bucket list--as a long time motorcyclist and racer. I'm used to cold water (New England and Oregon) but IOM looks pretty tough. I plan to start travelling more, and an inflatable is on my list, so I'll almost certainly be joining you sometime.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

ManxSUP

• Waikiki Status
  • kook from the Isle of Man
    • View Profile
    • stuff I get up too...
    • Email
Re: BRITISH ISLE - ISLE OF MAN
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 07:43:19 AM »
it's not so tough here as we have some influence from the North Atlantic drift, keeps water bearable all year, currently 15C gets down to about 4C in Feb/March, but it's never too cold. Irregular and unpredictable swell is our issue, but at least we can get from one side of the island to another in 10 minutes so there's always an off-shore wind!

always pleased to see any SUP or biker here anytime, always aloha and a warm greeting from the Manx  8)
Kook from the Isle of Man. Mediocre at SUP, poor to average surfer, not bad on a motorcycle though...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal