Author Topic: Anyone here taking TRT HGH NO TT whatever?  (Read 8758 times)

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone here taking TRT HGH NO TT whatever?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »
i recommend trying the varieties of goodforsomething product.

doubtful it can hurt in any real way, and if it makes things more manageable, why not?

it is cited as helpful for some with MS--for treatment of symptoms.

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 04:55:33 PM »
Hi Linter,

On more thought.  I see that motor-dominant CIDP patients also get Uhtoff's like symptoms (symptoms get worse or appear as a person heats up, exercises, stresses, etc).  This is a result of the demyelinted nerves overloading with heat.  I read that this can occur with even 1/2 a degree of body temperature rise.  This is a big deal in MS as well.  Do you notice this? 

I mention this because knowing this can really help you time and prolong workouts.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 05:06:38 PM »
Wow, I forgot all about that. I guess that explains the big bottle of horse pills I found in the pantry in Maui. I was wondering what the heck they were. Hard to get a test result if you forgot you were testing something.

I wonder if pulse point cooling would have a good effect on heat-effected symptoms. The son of my late best friend started a company to do temperature regulation through blood cooling. He's having surprising results with all kinds of stuff. Substantially reduces the need for hydration for example. Looks like Nike likes it well enough to start knocking him off. http://qoreperformance.com/
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:09:59 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 03:48:33 AM »
more great stuff, thanks all.

i actually like heat.  lt's the cold that really messes me up, which is why i have to leave RI for the west coast in the winter.  can't really describe what that too-cold sensation is, but it turns me into a real stumblebum.  and it hurts.  but maybe i haven't paid enuf attention to the effects of heat.

made an appointment yesterday with gwynth paltrow's 'integrative' physician yesterday.  i read that she swears by him so why shouldn't i give myself a chance to spend a lot of money on him and then swear at him?  he was recommended to me by a friend of a friend who was so-called cured of a terrible arthritic condition by the guy, via diet and nutrition changes and "gut health".  like i said, i'll try anything.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 08:31:00 AM »
So, a couple more Q's. 

Do you have absent reflexes (zero response to the tendon hammer test)?  I read that that is a common symptom in CIDP.  I test at zero response for those myself in both arms and legs.  I have some workarounds if you have the same.

When you ride your bike and have to quit, does that feel like communication with the muscles gives out after a while or like the already reduced muscles are just too taxed to keep going?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

I thought this was interesting in developing a strategy:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Symptoms-Diagnosis/MS-Symptoms/Hearing-Loss-(1)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:56:06 AM by Admin »

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 03:12:38 PM »
Thanks Admin.  SOme great stuff to help me too!  The heat intolerance is my issue.

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 12:55:10 AM »
admin:  oops.  didn't see the further questions.  and no need to apologize for the barrage.  i love talking about myself.

yup, like you, zero response to the tendon hammer test.  flatline.  any workaround suggestions would be great.

as to riding the bike -- i think the muscles become too taxed to keep going first and then communication starts to shut down.

i went to the link and it seemed like the main suggestion was to go see a physical therapist.  unfortunately, none of the PTs in my part of RI are worth a damn.  they're nice people, of course, but throw em a curve ball like CIDP or even MS and they don't know what to do.

saw the stupid integrative physician.  just another guy riding the leaky-gut bandwagon, which is fine, but he really had nothing to say about my particular condition other than maybe i ought to cut down on the coffee and buy a bunch of his supplements.  kind of glad i went, tho, if only just to check one more thing off the list.

so far the best drugs for my condition are the ones that deal with the fatigue, ie, adderall and nuvigil.  without them, i'd probably last less than an hour in the surf and have to sleep for the next 23.  the downside is, i'm dependent.  but at this state of the game, i don't see a choice.  how do you manage your tiredness or is that not part of your situation?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2015, 07:42:09 AM »
Hah!  We have a lot of overlap. Demyelinating nerves, no tendon reflexes, reduced communication with muscles, etc.  I believe that the big difference is that CIDP is primarily peripheral nerves and MS is all nerves in the spinal cord and brain.  I'm not sure how that changes things, so this may be of no use.

From reading everything I can find (and there is precious little out there) it seems that tricking our muscles (and surrounding muscles) into working after they have otherwise lost communication (or given up) is key to maintaining or rebuilding.  It seems that in both of our instances the normal nerve stimulation of the muscles is reduced or in places gone.  But even after they are no longer willing they can still work or at the very least do not have to end the session.

The bike (with clipless pedals) and the pool are helping me a lot. 

I noticed this after riding a bike with flat pedals and 5-10 shoes.  That no longer works for me.  My right leg cuts out after I get heated up.  That might be 20 minutes or an hour depending on the temp, what I have to wear, etc.  Without my (ususal) clipless pedals I found that this was pretty much the end of the ride.  My legs wouldn't sync, and my right leg in particular turns into an asshole and gets all clunky and twisty.  But, clipless pedals answer this almost completely.  The ability to pull up as well as push down and the forced (relatively) stationary foot position on the pedals allows one leg to assist the other and it smooths out the trouble spots.  Its not perfect but it makes it so I can ride until I am cardio tired rather than nerve tired.  Pretty funny actually because I can go for a 2 hour mountain bike ride and push really hard the whole time but when I get off the bike I can't walk a step. 

The pool is the same deal.  The water is just awesome at supporting your whole body so that if any one part gives out the rest can keep going.  In my case there is the added benefit of the water keeping me cool so I can go longer without issue. 

As far as fatigue, that is one of the most common symptoms of MS.  A few years ago, I was in bad shape in that regard.  Anything dietary that would normally create a dip in energy was flattening me.  Drinking (booze) in particular was messing me up, even in the smallest amounts.  Kicking that and spiky foods has set me back to pretty much normal there.  Internal heat is a huge issue with MS because it further overloads demyelinated nerves.  It can activate symptoms from lesions that are otherwise not symptomatic.  I am working on being non-insulated :).  My goal is to keep body fat really low and cardio in really good shape.  My thinking is this will keep me cool longer, let me exercise longer and hopefully in turn hold off muscle loss as the uncontrollable things progress.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:46:19 AM by Admin »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal