Author Topic: Putting RSPro on my new paddles.  (Read 2696 times)

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Putting RSPro on my new paddles.
« on: September 09, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Putting RSPro on my new paddles.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 10:01:48 PM »
that's really slick. Does the little patch in the center come pre-cut? Nice way to get good alignment. It will be interesting to see how it lasts. I like the little tabs to keep the end from peeling up. that's the usual flaw with electrical tape.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 10:13:27 PM »
that's really slick. Does the little patch in the center come pre-cut? Nice way to get good alignment. It will be interesting to see how it lasts. I like the little tabs to keep the end from peeling up. that's the usual flaw with electrical tape.

Yes.. pre cut..

The trick with the ends is to pull the end wings inboard slightly away from the edge..

It looks like it might wrinkle but it's so ply-able [like the rail tape] it smooths out without wrinkling..

Not doing this can result in the edges at the end sticking out slightly and catching/pealing..

I saw someones paddle done like this recently and thought I'd make this vid so others don't do it.

CascadeSup

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 04:57:41 PM »
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why isn't the tape longer so it goes higher up the blade?  If you hit the rail more in the middle of your stroke where your blade is buried, it seems like the contact point is going to be higher on the blade...

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 05:01:26 PM »
+1 cascade. I think they screwed up on this one. I have a very high aspect Kialoa and surrendered to that fact. Had to use both pieces on one paddle. Bah humbug!
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:52:45 PM »
Should probably be longer, but the real culprit in whacking is usually the sharp edge of the blade. When you get up into the throat the edge is more rounded on most paddles.  If you whack the ferrule or shaft it doesn't do anything. Still, I'd make it longer if I were RSPro
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal