Author Topic: Ke Nalu's New Video  (Read 12061 times)

LM

• Site Sponsor
  • Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • KeNalu
    • Email
Ke Nalu's New Video
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:53:09 PM »
Here's a link to our new video. It's basically an "overview" video & shows what set's us apart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5PqVrr2aec

supthecreek

Re: Ke Nalu's New Video
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 04:16:56 AM »
Hi Larry,
Fun video, and interesting to see a little of the mould process.
I liked the underwater shots a lot
Nice inclusion of some great new Aussie boards and surfers
The close ups really show the perfection that is Ke Nalu

Several observances:
The clip blitz in the beginning was a bit irritating... I really wanted a great shot of the blade at the start....I was saying "hey... slow down!"
Rather see that great closeup of the products perfection, right off the bat... and again, right at the end as a closer.
Heavily surf orientated, whereas most paddles are used in flat-water
Only one podium shot, with No real emphasis on race/speed specific blades
I'd like to see more of the slow-mo underwater action of how clean the blade works through the water
And, most noticeable:
No emphasis on how amazingly light it is..... every stroke, every every session.... it adds up for shoulders & backs!

I love your paddles and put mine in the hands of everyone I can... I love to see the "holy shit" look on their face  ;D

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:02:31 AM »
Very cool. Nice job Lane, and nice production Rod.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

jdmotes

• JD Motes
  • Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 09:15:41 AM »
 I thought it was really good. Short and to the point without getting too technical... STC has some good suggestions but you have to keep these things short or people won't watch them... Good job Ke Nalu! Paddle on, JD
JD Motes/Water Bound Sports LLC
Florida; Ga; S.C; Sales Rep for:
Progressive SUP
Exocet SUP
Kona SUP
Epic Gear SUP Paddles and Accessories
Ke Nalu Precision SUP Paddles

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
PBill turned me on to them and it was a turning point for me.  Now even covesurfer is a new and enthusiastic user.

I'm with supthecreek on the rapid montage.  But we're old and blink once in awhile.  Everything these days is for people to get their electric cars charged up as fast as possible and guess it's so with vid ads.  Who has time for an ad?  Yet for SUP demographics there are probably a few like SUPthecreek and myself who like to absorb the things we care about slowly. 

PBill, of course  is an anomaly and is as impatient as a teenager.  He likes his info fast and furious.  He drives fast too.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 10:57:52 AM »
It's the ADD. My brain has charge of the channel changer and is constantly pushing the damned button. I foolishly took seat three in the OC6 today and realized I'm supposed to count stroke. I actually can't do that, and had to beg seat four to take it. I'd be calling switches randomly whenever my brain wandered back. I could take Concerta and do it just fine, but it feels like I'm only getting one channel when I'm used to 500.

I like the video though. From a marketing standpoint it grabs attention early and positions the product before talking technically. The mold segment is great, though I kept looking for the one little statement that there's no clear coat or fill on KeNalu paddles--they come out of the mold finished (that's why there are seconds). Hinted at but not stated. I don't think many paddle makers are using aluminum molds. It's one of those technical things that 90 percent of the likely customers wouldn't care a bit about, but the last ten would really care. Easier to sell the end result (no wobble, no vibration) than the tech, but it's a worthwhile thing to talk about.

Like every piece of marketing my edit mode pops up and there's twenty things I'd want to change if I were still running the marketing, but at some point you just want to get the stuff out the door.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUPJorge

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 01:12:44 PM »
The mold segment is great, though I kept looking for the one little statement that there's no clear coat or fill on KeNalu paddles--they come out of the mold finished (that's why there are seconds). Hinted at but not stated.

Me too. Conspicuous by its omission, my BS-meter immediately flashed the "is this omission an intentional mis-direction" thought across my mind. Knowing the reputation of the players and the product (and having my own Molokai now) the thought fleeted right out. Still, from a marketing point of view, serving as an introduction to an "ignorant" viewer, it's something to think about for the next version.

14' SIC Bullet V2 - 9'1" Naish Hokua X32 LE

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 07:40:23 PM »
If you look at the blade coming out of the mold it's obvious that other than trimming the flash, that it's finished. The seconds are clearcoated, which is why they're so shiny and a tiny bit heavier. But you can't depend on people to get the obvious. Being the poster child for ADD my process was always to get the most important elements written down, then edit the hell out of them until each was only two to five words.

Still, compared to the market, which is still surprisingly unsophisticated, it's a great piece. Now they need a way to get the story out there other than osmosis.

GizzeeNZ

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 09:19:15 PM »
oh....lots of happy watchers.....got about a third of a way through it (that overbearing voice saying we do it like this) before giving up on it. Maybe will have try again

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal