Author Topic: Thanks For Adding Me To Your Forum  (Read 6183 times)

Reconnaissance

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thanks For Adding Me To Your Forum
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 10:36:53 PM »
How long and thick your boards are, and where do you go?
 8) 8)
I have three boards, one for each of the three standard racing lengths:  9', 11'-8" and 14'-4".  Respective thicknesses are 2", 7", and 11", since the longer the board, the more thickness you need to achieve enough volume.  9' is exclusively for flatwater, others for ocean--obviously the 14'-4" is ocean only since it meets the CAT 2 race class requirements.

Thanks PDXMIKE. I would have thought that 11 inches was a bit too thick. Most of the places I do my treasure hunting in are choppy waters and oceans. But, where I live is on a lake which is pretty much calm all the time. I want people to be able to carry some of their belongings on the board without being too heavy to carry but with a good buoyancy. I do appreciate all the answers to my post.

Reconnaissance

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 10:39:18 PM »
once all the manufacturers see your post you will likely get more sponsorship offers than you can handle.  maybe you should hire an agent.
Hi SeldomScene,
Thanks for responding. I am not expecting that many responses and haven't received any as of this posting so I will most likely withdraw my search. Thanks for responding to my post and glad to meet you.

Reconnaissance

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »
I begin confronting stand up board manufacturers and kayak companies to sponsor my company in exchange for advertising for them. Well, most of my emails and phone calls went unanswered. So instead of advertising for them, I will do it for myself and become their competitors.
The careers of many famous people have got their start after similar episodes of dismissal early on:  Darth Vader, Doc Octopus, The Joker, Lex Luthor...
And I plan on taking over the world......arrrrrr

Reconnaissance

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 10:43:55 PM »
Well you do live where there are the most PhDs per capita and near the world's fastest computer (ORNL), so I'd try to make friends that can run calculations and help with design. There are a lot of heavy metals buried there, unfortunately they aren't gold. Used to live and work there myself, lots of stories about K-25.
Yeah, the last place I want to be digging is somewhere radioactive. I'd rather be on the water looking for treasures. As far as the stories, I would be like Schultz from Hogan's Heros.....I know nothing....nothing

Reconnaissance

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2015, 10:55:53 PM »
So you started a treasure hunting company just last year and now you want to start a paddleboard company from scratch? Do you have any paddleboarding experience?

Normally you become a paddleboarder first and then start the company.

What kind of board do you have right now and how many have you owned?

There's a few questions in this response, but, I will go ahead and answer as I am wide awake at 1 in the morning....I can understand why most people would believe that you have to be a paddle boarder first then start the company, but, sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. I did it before with a landscaping company in Brevard County Florida and sold the company for a decent profit kind of the same way. I had a big contract and then bought the equipment.
I am a strong believer in taking a challenge head on and continuing to do it until I have understood it completely. I have done this also in my treasure hunting and I am on some really good trails to treasures based on the signs I have been uncovering.

I don't have a board now, but, I have enough knowledge behind me to understand the workings of fiber-glassing, coloring, board forming, etc. It's always a learning curve getting into something new, but, I have the time, patience, and ability to learn fast from failures and positive experiences. My first attempt will be making 4 boards back to back and have found what appears to be a fair supplier of materials.

I have owned a few surf boards which were given to me while I was going to school in Cocoa Beach, but, I don't put much weight into anything I learned in the 80's.

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 01:47:28 AM »

Keep us informed as to how it goes. It all sounds extremely entertaining.

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 09:30:45 AM »
Gonna be hard to beat Ol' Gaston in his Pirouge....I mean welcome to the Forum, but thousands of Cajuns have already done this....Your fin won't scrape this way
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:34:37 AM by outcast »
Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
April 24, 2024, 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]