Author Topic: 2015 Fanatic Air Premium Touring 12.0  (Read 2242 times)

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
2015 Fanatic Air Premium Touring 12.0
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:06:20 AM »
First off, sorry for the crap pictures and sorry if this rambles but finally was able to get out yesterday and thought I would post a little.
I wanted to get pictures with and without stuff on it and show it in the water. Weather window lasted a couple hours so will post more later. I will be on this often this summer. 
I was looking very hard at the new Naish Glide air 12.0 but since I still think I want to dink with a sail I got this as it has a mast insert. They are the same advertised dimensions 12' x 34" x 6".  The double wall construction, fin box, and mast insert won out.
After one time out I have no regrets.
I also had one of the Fanatic inflatables from last year, just the regular Air, not the premium, I think the 10'8" (gave to my daughter) but can't remember and also have a Hobie tour 12'6".
First off the bag is killer. I didn't care for the bag on last years and didn't think I would care for this. I do like the Hobie bag but this this is way nice. Grab handles in key places make quite the difference rather than just relying on the shoulder straps. Material is more durable and nice back pack straps and pockets. Easy to get the board out and in and cinches down more than enough once in.
I pumped this to 15 psi and went out. I am not sure how this all works but although no doubt I was on an inflatable it seemed more rigid than either of those (Hobie/last years non premium Fanatic) at that pressure. It has a double wall construction or something but you can read up on that. Maybe it was my imagination as it's been many months since I was on another inflatable but I don't think so. I don't feel as much need to go past 15 as I did on the others it seems.
I don't know how fast it is but I got to "that spot over there" that I go to often just as fast or faster than on my Hobie which I thought was pretty quick tho 2" narrower. At some point I will have both out on the same day. The glide on this seems to be pretty amazing for being 2" wider and 6" shorter than the Hobie. I was very impressed.
I will get both out sometime at the same time and see if any is just my imagination.
The board has a regular fin box and I used a Tahoe fin more geared for touring than the dolphin fin it came with. Why can't someone offer more choices in those slide in fins? The Hobie is stuck with that. Even the entry Fanatics have a real fin box.
I have not tried a Red nor a ULI so I can't compare with those but this is a WAY nice inflatable and you can't go wrong with it. I keep looking at the 14' ULI so maybe sometime I will be able to compare the two.
Last and not least, Thank You to Jim K.
It was nice talking with you for sure, very glad I got this and got it from you, and I will keep you in mind in the future as all here should also.
Thank you Jim K.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:08:21 AM by lucabrasi »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal