Author Topic: Gotta love a "Surfer saves Dog" story  (Read 3575 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

paddlesurf.net

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta love a "Surfer saves Dog" story
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:12:51 PM »
Agreed- I've got a soft spot in my heart for dogs- Great Lakes surfers rule! And, it's funny- I've rescued two people so far on my SUB, one kiter and one windsurfer (didn't know what he was doing- blowing downwind out into the middle of SD Bay) and have rescued a swimmer on my surfboard- all of them, to a person, never thanked me. Maybe had something to do with the "macho" factor- each of them was a mid twenties male- probably embarrassed to be saved- but they sure were scared shitless when I got to them!

ECSUP

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gotta love a "Surfer saves Dog" story
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 02:30:51 PM »
Great story. Like Paddlesurf.net I have a huge soft spot for dogs- we have two young yellow labs. One time surfing, about ten years ago, I was surfing at our town beach in the winter ( cold North Atlantic water) and I saw a golden retreiver chasing a sea gull out to sea, and the family that owned him running up and down the beach trying to call him. I paddled out and caught up with the dog, about 1/2 mile off shore and brought him in to shore. The people were very happy to have him back, but one of the owners told me the dog goes on these " jaunts pretty often" and one time was brought in by a lobsterman who saw him 2 miles offshore. Pretty amazing dog.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal