Author Topic: Corran Addison SUP Kickstarter in Trouble  (Read 17905 times)

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
Re: Corran Addison SUP Kickstarter in Trouble
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »
You're probably right, Bill. The more and more I hear about Corran, a man I used to respect, the more of a narcissist he seems.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 07:03:12 PM »
Well this finally got resolved, sort of.

The purchasing company of Corran's company, Kayak Distribution, is agreeing to give everybody their boards. Of course, me getting this board will mean I have to send said company $125 for shipping this board. This price seems like highway robbery, but there's not much else I can do. REI is selling it for about $60 more than the Kickstarter paying, which sucks too.

I told Corran that, now that this is over, he should do something for all the people who had faith in him. Pay the shipping or something like that. (This was initially included in the Kickstarter price.) Of course he balked, and balked for doing anything extra for the people getting their boards a year and a half late. I honestly didn't expect him to do anything, but I finally told Corran how disgusted I was in how he handled this whole thing. For someone who puts in a lot of effort to stoke his online reputation, he's pretty careless about ruining it. Honestly, a little extra effort on his part to make people happy would have gone a long way. Maybe I'm being too lah-lah and moralistic about the whole thing, but his lack of self-awareness as to how he created this whole situation in the first place is pretty pathetic.

Put CorranSUP and his new company Soul on my list of companies I avoid. At least my son will get a new board. He's hitting a growth spurt and that one I got him last year is a little small.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been around guys, BTW. School and other stuff just got ahold of me. I haven't even been on my board in about a month. I'm back now!

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2015, 12:44:39 PM »
hey icky--thought youd been paying the price for assigning too much homework!

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2015, 10:54:58 AM »
I'm sure you're right, east. I'm such an evil teacher it's hard to measure the levels of my depravity. All that reading, and writing, and homework! Bad karma is sure to catch up to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2015, 11:09:46 AM »
my friend who teaches hs history here in nyc said he wished he'd become a math teacher. He teaches 4 classes of thirty, and assigns 10 page papers a few times a year, along with much other written work. He faces a punishing amount of reading that must be done carefully, and requires decent commentary. 1200 pp every paper assigned, all of which must be read on his "own" time!

i was less worried that you are evil, icky, more worried that you'd assigned so much work that you had no life beyond reading and grading.

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2015, 11:17:47 AM »
I can't imagine reading ten pages of highschooler drivel, much less 1200. I'd read the first three lines, then the last three, make sure the middle was in english and call it good.

D minus--conclusion disconnected from premise.

A plus. Nice use of the phrase "pop a cap in dat techer", though I respectfully submit that teacher has an a, and dat is not really a definite article.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:22:19 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »
Well this finally got resolved, sort of.

The purchasing company of Corran's company, Kayak Distribution, is agreeing to give everybody their boards. Of course, me getting this board will mean I have to send said company $125 for shipping this board. This price seems like highway robbery, but there's not much else I can do. REI is selling it for about $60 more than the Kickstarter paying, which sucks too.

I told Corran that, now that this is over, he should do something for all the people who had faith in him. Pay the shipping or something like that. (This was initially included in the Kickstarter price.) Of course he balked, and balked for doing anything extra for the people getting their boards a year and a half late. I honestly didn't expect him to do anything, but I finally told Corran how disgusted I was in how he handled this whole thing. For someone who puts in a lot of effort to stoke his online reputation, he's pretty careless about ruining it. Honestly, a little extra effort on his part to make people happy would have gone a long way. Maybe I'm being too lah-lah and moralistic about the whole thing, but his lack of self-awareness as to how he created this whole situation in the first place is pretty pathetic.

Put CorranSUP and his new company Soul on my list of companies I avoid. At least my son will get a new board. He's hitting a growth spurt and that one I got him last year is a little small.

Anyway, sorry I haven't been around guys, BTW. School and other stuff just got ahold of me. I haven't even been on my board in about a month. I'm back now!

It's a shame it took so long for you to get this resolved, we launched a Kickstarter campaign a bit after this one and shipped our boards a year and a half ago.

I agree that Corran should do something to help out the backers that had faith in him but in his defense, the shipping for boards was not included in the backer prices, this is from the FAQ of the campaign, he estimates shipping charges of $50 per board.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1747259538/take-appart-paddleboard/description

FAQ:

Is shipping included for the rewards?

For the smaller rewards it is included, within the USA. For the paddles, and boards, the shipping is additional. Within the USA it's around $50 (based on quotes we have in November 2013 - but these can and do change). International it's most likely about double that.

Last updated: Fri, Nov 22 2013 11:41 AM HST
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 12:50:52 PM by blueplanetsurf »
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2015, 03:26:38 PM »
Fair enough, blue, but the difference in the shipping is still pretty jarring.

Maybe I'm not in business for a reason, because I always feel a loyalty towards those that help me or stick their neck out for me. Just my nature. I tried to make the point with Corran, but he started arguing with me. I'm sure if I went back to the Kickstarter page, he's left some choice words to me, words that I'm not going to bother reading. Those online spats never end up well, something I've learned the hard way.

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2015, 03:55:16 PM »
Anyway, at least the thing's over. I've learned a few things, especially when situations don't go your way. You guys had some very intelligent things to say, which I appreciate.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
foiled again
April 24, 2024, 08:00:16 PM
post Re: Sunova Ghost 8'10 SUP
[Classifieds]
kliss99
April 24, 2024, 05:01:39 AM
post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]