Author Topic: Finally down to this two options: Jp Slate -Starboard Hypernut  (Read 3545 times)

nachoSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
first of all, i would like to say that i put the Raptor from Naish out of my decision, because i Heard it was not a performance board, that is a good sup, to jump on, very stable and fun in small waves, but that starboard and jp were more preformance oriented.

The Jp is supposed to be rigth now in san fransisco port, but not able to reach the stores until may.

The starboard dealer here in Uruguay is now making a preorder for de 2016 Starboard Sup, delivery time, august!!!

the only benefit i get if i place a PREorder, is 10% discount...never use one of this brands, so no idea wich is better.

A fellow SUPer from seabreeze, said that in a demo day at Merimbula there where a lot of guy who rode the slate and the hypernut back to back in the same conditions (2-3 foot clean waves) and all of them said that they prefered the Satrby, that it was more stable and performed better, but the slate was more skatey and easy to slide the tail in any part of the wave.

The smallest hypernut is 105 liters (7´2 x 28¨) while the Slate is 91 (7´2 x 26¨) as everybody is saying, with this kind of shapes you could go smaller that you think, and i know i can handle 109 liters on a fanatic prowave.

At 75-80kg a Little affraid to go on 91 liters, so options are smaller starby or the médium jp

I don´t know anything about shapes and stuff, but it seem to me that this are two differents boards.

Anyone rode them or can enlight me about the differences of the shape?

Thanks a lot!!

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Finally down to this two options: Jp Slate -Starboard Hypernut
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 11:51:43 AM »
They'll probably bring out a Super Hypernut out next year and T Rex instead of the Raptor the year after  ;)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:33:04 PM by coldsup »

nachoSUP

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Finally down to this two options: Jp Slate -Starboard Hypernut
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:12:14 AM »
place a preorder yesterday for the starboard hypernut 7´2 x 28´´

Delivery time: september!!! until then, getting better on my hokua and hoping not to break it, hehehe

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal