Author Topic: Suggestions for St. Augustine this Saturday?  (Read 2060 times)

SUPvol

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Suggestions for St. Augustine this Saturday?
« on: April 02, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »
Looks like we are now going to get a late start so looking at maybe stopping in St. Augustine this Saturday to break up the trip - plus the weather looks nice and the wind seems to be low. Any suggestions in St. Augustine where to go to SUP surf and my boys to prone surf? Any information on parking would be helpful also -- thanks!

trailertrashed

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for St. Augustine this Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »
  Check     http://www.surf-station.com/   for one of the few, reliable, local reports. Looks small until we get closer to Sunday. As far as places go, the pier has easy parking. Lots of beach, so walking north or south should give you some room to yourselves. Just north, literally, of the Surf Station is Anastasia state park. Easy parking, lots of beach, less people because you have to pay. If you feel adventurous, go south on A1A. Between Ocean Trace Rd and Matanzas Inlet there's lots of beach access roads. Some with little lots, some with bigger, like Crescent Beach. I'd tell you MY spots, but then I'd have to kill you. Just about anywhere you go this weekend, it'll be a bit crowded, but not likely in the water. There's enough beach for everyone and plenty of shifty beach break to get wet in.

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for St. Augustine this Saturday?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
+1 on what trailer trash said.  I would drive on at A street and drive the beach until you found your spot.  Plus it's cool to be able to drive on the beach.  Check out surf station and extreme ocean sports both on A1A

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal