Author Topic: What does your SUP carrying vehicle look like...?  (Read 672621 times)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What does your SUP carrying vehicle look like...?
« Reply #1440 on: June 24, 2019, 11:27:42 AM »
New Impreza hatchback is in the garage now.  The price, low roof height (less lifting) and super functional rear seat, hatch area, all-wheel drive, and good interior room made the sale.  Works fine for the two of us.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1441 on: June 24, 2019, 12:52:16 PM »
Hey Jim, your wife wears something other than a wetsuit? I think I've only ever seen her in a wetsuit. Subaru's are great cars. I had one in the early 80's when I lived in Big Bear.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 24, 2019, 01:14:36 PM »
just bought a pair of 2019 foresters--cheap, safe, sensible, reliable, and plenty nice to drive--cheap=23k ea

replaced my 2010 forester, and my loaded 2012 highlander--highlander was making transmission noises over 65mph--tho it only had 60k miles--tradein!---and the forester was old and had been beaten by kids---given to an employee for use as station car

funny is that the layout of the 2019 is very similar to that of the 2010--by design--subaru has the best repeat buyer record in the industry---so they dont want to piss off loyal owners with huge format changes--so everything is upgraded digital etc--but it's right where it was on the dash of the 2010

kids can sit right down, get comfortable quick, and get the new beatings started!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 25, 2019, 09:17:33 AM »
TD: My wife likes to be warm, what can I say?  She'll be in a spring suit all summer (maybe she should call hers a summer suit?).  I, on the other hand, have more in common with a walrus and use my full suit about 5 times each winter.  I've been in trunks for months already.  We're headed to Maui in mid-July, where she'll finally give her neoprene a rest.  Here genes must originate from the tropical region of Hungary.

Eastbound and TD: Yep, Subarus are their own niche. It's our second (91 Legacy wagon).  We spent 9 years living in the San Bernardino Mountains and they pay for themselves in spinout avoidance, and snowmobile-like performance on some of the worst roads in the country (ice, steep angles, crappy flatland drivers, crappy mountain psycho drivers, landslides/rockslides, fog and Cal-DOT road maintenance).  The Impreza's used to be far less roomy.  This model has almost as much as my Rav, and maybe a little more leg room for front passengers without anyone in the back.  It also has a great cargo area design, with good angles for bins and paddles, dog crates and chairs.  It's not as sporty performance wise as her old Mazda, but I like it better.

Eastbound: Grats on the Foresters!  Great cars, and one I'd be more than happy with myself. We dropped just over 19K on our new Impreza, and our salesman is probably still putting icy-hot where my wife had him in a hammerlock and armbar during negotiations.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 09:41:37 AM by SlatchJim »

Dusk Patrol

• Teahupoo Status
  • PNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 25, 2019, 09:27:52 AM »
I think there is something inherently fast about Subarus. Maybe their flat boxer engines or the gearing philosophy or a combination thereof.  First noticed when I was a teenager, driving through the Eastern WA desert toward Montana in my '70 Plymouth GTX, irresponsibly going about 90. And this little yellow old school Subaru, complete with family, was humming along beside me.   
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 09:31:04 AM by Dusk Patrol »
RS 14x26; JL Destroyers 9'8 & 8'10; BluePlanet 9'4; JL Super Frank 8'6

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal