Author Topic: What does your SUP carrying vehicle look like...?  (Read 672644 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: What does your SUP carrying vehicle look like...?
« Reply #1410 on: August 10, 2018, 08:23:15 AM »
That works, though he needs to tweak his equalizing hitch--that might get squirrelly on a steep downhill. Looks familiar too. A lot of the old pictures I posted on the zone disappeared after I sold my share of Ke Nalu to Lane and he let some knucklehead destroy the site. I recovered this from an old site I built about the summer-long trip I did in 2007, racing my vintage car, Peyote, at most of the famous road racing tracks in North America. This is Nero, the trailer, with Peyote inside and the Starboard 12'6" I gave to Stoneaxe. The start of something good. And that's the Mall of America in the background--what an unpleasant place. Oops, my old sites don't have SSL, so the pic doesn't show. When I have some time I'll rework those, in the meantime I'll just post it to facebook and copy it here.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:41:04 AM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: August 10, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
That works, though he needs to tweak his equalizing hitch--that might get squirrelly on a steep downhill. Looks familiar too. A lot of the old pictures I posted on the zone disappeared after I sold my share of Ke Nalu to Lane and he let some knucklehead destroy the site. I recovered this from an old site I built about the summer-long trip I did in 2007, racing my vintage car, Peyote, at most of the famous road racing tracks in North America. This is Nero, the trailer, with Peyote inside and the Starboard 12'6" I gave to Stoneaxe. The start of something good. And that's the Mall of America in the background--what an unpleasant place. Oops, my old sites don't have SSL, so the pic doesn't show. When I have some time I'll rework those, in the meantime I'll just post it to facebook and copy it here.

I remember that photo.  In fact I was thinking of it when I saw the Red Paddle trailer.  I was thinking I was glad theirs wasn't as long as yours, because I don't think my dog would have stayed in place long enough for me to back up far enough to get the whole thing in the photo.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1412 on: August 10, 2018, 11:14:54 AM »
Not mine, but looks like a pretty good setup:
The real problem here is the tow vehicle is a 1/2 ton F150 that has car size brakes and ball joint steering. It is a light dudy 4x4 so it has a little more weight, but the minimum tow vehicle for a hitched trailer of that size and weight should be a 3/4 ton F250 or 2500. Something with big brakes, a strong engine, heavy duty rear axle, and a strong transmission with a transmission cooler. I would be worried driving that in the mountains. He's completely relying on the trailer brakes. Probably squirrelly to drive too.     
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:16:39 AM by TallDude »
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: August 10, 2018, 04:16:49 PM »
Not mine, but looks like a pretty good setup:
The real problem here is the tow vehicle is a 1/2 ton F150 that has car size brakes and ball joint steering. It is a light dudy 4x4 so it has a little more weight, but the minimum tow vehicle for a hitched trailer of that size and weight should be a 3/4 ton F250 or 2500. Something with big brakes, a strong engine, heavy duty rear axle, and a strong transmission with a transmission cooler. I would be worried driving that in the mountains. He's completely relying on the trailer brakes. Probably squirrelly to drive too.     
I just go by looks (which is why I'm a fellow Honda Element driver). 

Here's a couple more from the same parking lot that might be more appropriate for pulling a trailer:

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 10, 2018, 09:10:59 PM »
I don't think either of those would notice a trailer. Nice looking dog.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SouthCounty

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1415 on: August 12, 2018, 08:32:17 AM »
like this
No.. Like this ;)
lol thanks tall dude, not sure why my pics post sideways  :-\
14' x 27" Infinity blackfish
10'4 Infinity wide aquatic
14 x 24.5 Infinity blackfish dugout

SouthCounty

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1416 on: August 12, 2018, 08:34:42 AM »
Nice Wide Aquatic SouthCounty. Perfect choice for DP harbor  ;)
Thanks, its really a nice big stable board, that being said already looking at a 14' black fish  :D
14' x 27" Infinity blackfish
10'4 Infinity wide aquatic
14 x 24.5 Infinity blackfish dugout

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 13, 2018, 09:03:29 AM »
My 05 Highlander gave up the ghost before I was ready for the 2019 Rav4, so... I picked up a well kept 2015 Rav4 for a nice price.  Tried out my new Malone aftermarket aero crossbars this weekend and the whole set up worked without a hitch.  I'd call the Rav the best compromise vehicle, not best in any one thing, but very good in nearly everything, and it fit like a glove.

(Yes, I realize I'm going in the opposite direction of the "More is bettah" trend of this thread, but I don't own an airstream, don't need a truck, and momma's idea of a relaxing weekend includes a relaxing dip in a spa)

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #1418 on: August 24, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »
"Your leash is in there!  I packed it myself."
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 24, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »
"Your leash is in there!  I packed it myself."

Too funny! 
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

Wetstuff

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Wetstuff
« Reply #1420 on: August 25, 2018, 01:21:06 PM »
Quickie...  I have not seen this person, but I suspect his hair probably looks like he's touching a Tesla coil.  I gather he does pickup construction work and formerly had a small wagon on which he over-loaded a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood. We have plenty of metal scrappers that can get unruly, but this guy apparently 'treasures his load'?   We had a woman who did not have room for a passenger you'd see at the post office occasionally.  Wild!

Jim
Atlantis Mistress .. Blue Planet MultiTasker ..   Atlantis Venom

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 26, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »
Short sale. Adios to mold, ants, termites, bats, mice,  raccoons, and coyotes!

One of many loads.
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: August 27, 2018, 04:48:09 AM »
nice, biggie!

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

oceanAddict

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1423 on: September 04, 2018, 03:28:13 PM »
New to me BF on my surf/skate/snow/smile-mobile
Infinity Blackfish, SIC Bullet Air Glide, Sunova Point Break #003, Sunova Soul

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1424 on: September 04, 2018, 09:16:42 PM »
Finally had to get out of the "soccer mom's van", and into something that doesn't get nearly as good of gas mileage.  :(

Still setting up the interior, but just not having to take apart the foil every sesh makes it all worth it.  :)
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal