Author Topic: North FL surf pics  (Read 5017 times)

Dave B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
North FL surf pics
« on: January 16, 2015, 02:47:48 PM »
  Read the earlier posts about posting more more photos! We have a local guy that takes some great shots and does the report.  Here are a few from yesterday.
   I'm lucky enough to now be living in the Jax beach area after being in Tampa for years and doing lots of driving for waves. Now its soooo much better!
   Get to with surf with a few zone guys who are local sup ambassadors and pretty legendary guys JD and Tim.  Matt is on here as well, and Paul, all super guys!  Great scene, super nice people and some wind protected spots that make all the difference!
Dave

Dave B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Re: North FL surf pics
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 02:49:14 PM »
Forgot one

mik911

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:21:26 PM »
Nice shots!
Fun little peak, all to yourselves:)
What's water temps in N.Fl? 
I surfed in board shorts/rashguard today in SoCal 62d water--not bad for January!
Mike

Ron House Coastal Cruiser 12'6"
Hoe Nalu surf sup  10'6"
BARK 14' custom carbon SUP
Fanatic Fly Race 12'6" carbon SUP
BARK 14' prone custom paddleboard
BARK 12' prone Surftech paddleboard
Longboards: Harbour, Becker, Local Motion
Kneeboards: Cleary 5'10"
Handboard: Brownfish

Dave B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 03:26:23 PM »
Thanks!  Surprisingly uncrowded, but the 50 degree air and the 56 degree water probably helped!  Been a funky weather week around here, water was a balmy 62 til last Friday and it's been grey and cold until today when it was sunny and chilly but still some super fun waves! 
D

chicagoflasup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 04:19:12 PM »
where is those pic from in jax thats much nicer then the stuff im geting down here in ormond..
-------WHAT WOULD LAIRD DO?------

excote 8'11'' fish
allwave 9'1''
naish mana 10'
custom biscuit 6' (prone)

tde

• Sunset Status
    • MSN Messenger - Timellispv@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:20:59 PM »
Dave is a great addition to our NE FLA Surf/SUP Community!!! Really good surfer..totally stoked on SUPing...spreads great karma.....goes through more new boards (great resource for "like new" used SUP)  and "respectfully" catches more waves than anyone I know!!!  (His wave count has definitely skyrocketed since moving from Tampa..:)...) We're all glad to have another SUP Bro up here!! See you on the water on Sunday Dave!!!

Dave B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »
Thanks  Tim!  👍. 
   I still wake up and realize how sick it is to be back w/in walking distance to the sand!  All due to SUP...

Love surfing and chasing peaks w you and JD (both early 60's fit and ripping and stoked) and Don (70yrs young  suping, ripping, kiting and amped). It must be the water.....

I'm sticking around.  What a great "sport".  If you have to get "older" Im gonna be like you all hopefully!

These are the guys that forged the way for sup up here (and a few others) and have really helped the level of aloha in the water, there are very few problems between any SUP guys and others.

XLR8

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 05:16:49 PM »
Great pics!  Nice looking wave, looks super fun!
Blkbox Surf
Instagram: @greatlakespaddler

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »
I was born in Jacksonville at the Naval Hospital.  Left when I was still an infant, but it is surprising to hear it is an east coast surf spot.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

breakbad

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
Looks like fun! I'll be in that area in March, renting a camper for Hanna park. Having Cronin doing a custom for me soon, should have it by then.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:37:08 PM by breakbad »

Dave B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 08:30:42 PM »
You will love Hanna park!  The waves are "surprisingly similar" to the pics....

supthecreek

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 09:56:31 PM »
Nice pictures Dave... thanks for adding to our stoke meter. You are ripping it up... what are you riding?

I love the story.... it's key to have a solid SUP crew to share the stoke... and the fact that they are all Zonoids is even more fun ;D

Twitchy

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 09:59:11 PM »
I'm just down the road from you here in St. Augustine.  I mostly hit Vilano and north a few miles.  I don't venture over to St. Aug beach too much.  The inlet is pretty good with the right conditions. 

I'm surprised to see you had good waves.  We've had so many recent storms mess up the sandbars down here that most of the time its a jumbled mess. 

Hit me up if you ever make your way down here.  I hit Atlantic Beach last time I was up there.  I ended up in the ER shortly after that due to a pretty deep fin gash on my calf.
14' Niash Javelin MC
9'6" JL B&B
9'2" NSP Cocomat-beater board
7'4" Starboard Pro

Dave B

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 12:43:29 PM »
Creek,
  That one is 8'6" x29 111lts. Waters edge black tip, locally shaped and glassed just south of New Smyna Beach.  Nice shapes, light weight and pretty spot on for me at 185-190 lbs or so.  It a keeper!
  But I do have a "tomo" style 7'4" on order from Kirk,,,,cant wait for that!

Twitchy yeah hit me up and we can go for a surf!

breakbad

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »
Creek,
  That one is 8'6" x29 111lts. Waters edge black tip, locally shaped and glassed just south of New Smyna Beach.  Nice shapes, light weight and pretty spot on for me at 185-190 lbs or so.  It a keeper!
  But I do have a "tomo" style 7'4" on order from Kirk,,,,cant wait for that!

Twitchy yeah hit me up and we can go for a surf!

I'm also 190 lbs. I'm set to talk with Cronin next week about do his take on the Tomo/Minion. I've been learning on a 9x33, and now gotta decide how small I want to go. Probably closer to 8' considering my lack of experience and I stand at a clumsy 6'2". Will be a fun experiment either way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal