Author Topic: TvDinner Review  (Read 13667 times)

El Sharky

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TvDinner Review
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 08:51:47 AM »
good review.

That last shot looks good.

Thx! I will try to share my thoughts and pics!

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 11:08:14 PM »
Thanks for the review Sharky. I don't know where I've been but I just saw some photos of Kirks little boards today so I'm looking forward to hearing more about your sesh's on that.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

supstoked

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »
I think that if you come from a surfing background and want something that really acts like a surfboard, TVD is the way to go.
Lots of foil boards 6’7”-7’4”, L41 TVD’s and Jimmy Lewis Strikers..

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 03:14:30 PM »
7'5",  S5 coming at the end of the week
6'6", TV Dinner coming the following week...

Gonna have some fun...fo sure...
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 04:16:53 PM »
I do come from a surfing background and I long for something that won't get in my way on the wave. Are you riding a TV Dinner? If so, what's the length, width and volume please? What are the biggest waves you've ridden it in and how did it feel? Can you crank a roundhouse cutback or jam off the lip without using the paddle?

I think that if you come from a surfing background and want something that really acts like a surfboard, TVD is the way to go.

El Sharky

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »
In MY humble opinion TvDinner is SUPERFUN, the fastest board i have ever ridden and surprisingly stable for its size... However: you canNOT have everything at the same time, so its not a superhighperformance board, and anything more than overhead and you are almost in survival SUPing (as in just riding the wave harnessing the speed and power)

It seems to me you may have wrong expectations and should talk directly to Kirk, he is very helpfull and maybe a new S5 is your board

G

I do come from a surfing background and I long for something that won't get in my way on the wave. Are you riding a TV Dinner? If so, what's the length, width and volume please? What are the biggest waves you've ridden it in and how did it feel? Can you crank a roundhouse cutback or jam off the lip without using the paddle?

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 09:11:22 AM »
No expectations, just curious though. I would have been shocked if you told me it worked in big waves too. I fully expect that I'll need another board for bigger waves if I go sub 7'.

But can you do a roundhouse cutback and jam off the top without using the paddle or do you still need to stuff the paddle? Also, if it even has a 5th box, have you tried putting a Darc Driver or Nubster in there for slightly bigger waves?

In MY humble opinion TvDinner is SUPERFUN, the fastest board i have ever ridden and surprisingly stable for its size... However: you canNOT have everything at the same time, so its not a superhighperformance board, and anything more than overhead and you are almost in survival SUPing (as in just riding the wave harnessing the speed and power)

It seems to me you may have wrong expectations and should talk directly to Kirk, he is very helpfull and maybe a new S5 is your board

G

radicalstate

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Aruba Sup Diary
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2015, 10:03:34 AM »
Great Review!

I have been looking at the SimSup for quite some time. I already have an 8'3 Allwave but have been eying simsups for a while. To extend the quiver maybe super short would be cool to add. Like a 7"0 tv-dinner maybe dont know.

But thanks to your post I have some observing & thinking to do...

Enjoy life, surf more...
JP Widebody 8'6"
Fanatic AW 8'3"

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 12:17:45 PM »
Session #2...

...now i just wish the rider improved to start finding the real potential of the board.

Hmm, let's see.  You are perfectly positioned, nicely balanced, in the pocket on a nice looking wave.  Maybe you are better than you think! 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

supstoked

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »
I've been riding a 6'6" x 31" TVD everyday since November.  Now, where I live here in Mexico, the surf rarely gets more than 2-3 feet overhead.  On that size wave you can go straight to the bottom, wrap your toes around the inside rail and crank it.  I Have never felt anything but positive grip on that maneuver.  As long as you move your foot way over to the outside rail, the cutbacks are very positive too.
Lots of foil boards 6’7”-7’4”, L41 TVD’s and Jimmy Lewis Strikers..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal