Author Topic: Posting Photos  (Read 4938 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Posting Photos
« on: September 10, 2007, 03:11:45 PM »
Hi guys,

A few users have had questions on how to post pictures.  Here goes:

You will need the pictures to be at an online web address to post them.  It will likely be easiest to use a free service like www.photobucket.com for picture hosting.  Then, when you are posting here, just copy/paste the URL of the photo into your post, highlight it, and click on the insert image icon.  Repeat for multiple images.

Hope that helps!

Rand

noworrieshawaii

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Posting Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 04:32:09 PM »
One of the reasons for not touching the reef... Thousand Peaks..   Acting just testing the pic posting method above..   ;D  Hey, it worked...

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:02:56 PM »
One of the nice things about using photobucket is that you can have it automatically resize the file during the upload to a reasonable blog resolution (640 x 480 typically). It also gives you a quick one click interface to copy the image code to your clipboard for pasting into blogs and forums.

Hehe....my Jaws inspired SUP buffet table for the lumberjocks.com woodworking forum Sketchup challenge. Guess I should put a fin on that thing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:22:00 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 06:07:18 PM »
Whoah now,

That thing is great looking. 

Koa with Basswood inlays? 

Going to be sweating much when cutting those slots for the glass?

Niiiiiicccce!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 07:04:34 PM »
I doubt it will ever get built. It would be fun to build if anyone ever wanted one but unless some Maui resort sees this and just has to have it....... It wouldn't fit in my dining room, 12' long, and I think the boss would shoot me.

The slots would be interesting. I don't think it would be that bad. Lot's of careful measurement. I actually think the best way to do the top would be as a EPS blank and then veneer. The original version was all wood. Then I thought of glass/plexiglass. Edge lit from the bottom of each wave segment and the whole wave would glow. LOL...add some fruit bowls chilled with bowls of dry ice/water and you have a guaranteed tourist magnet.

I should copyright the image....any resort that wants it built send me a PM... ;) I could see doing it for the cost of materials and shipping + a couple weeks on the island for me and the boss...... ;D
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

motopilot

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 02:17:12 PM »
One of the reasons for not touching the reef... Thousand Peaks..   Acting just testing the pic posting method above..   ;D  Hey, it worked...

LOL nice photo.  I remember years back I was at guard rails on my longboard out with a couple of friends.  I ended up on the inside and fell rubbing my hand across that.  That day sucked as I was pulling those things out for days.

TitoRincon

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 05:23:08 PM »
Just having fun in Puerto Rico
Still waiting for the real waves!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc267/titorincon/_IC_2553.jpg?t=1191197813

TitoRincon

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 05:36:30 PM »
I guess I'll give it another shot.

mattress {NZ}

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 02:51:13 AM »
more board photos please people...     im hungry, my lust cannot be satisfied!!

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 02:52:26 PM »
i stole this picture from another forum, but I'm sure you'll enjoy.

They were warning about the spread of SUPs.

noworrieshawaii

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 03:29:58 PM »
Secret spot.. only works on a full moon influenced super high tide and gotta be super strong south swell.... pretty sure this was the first time SUP'd. Did glass off. Only shot, in between sets...Just the 2 of us out.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal