Author Topic: Back to Primal Roots  (Read 13354 times)

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Primal Roots
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 09:50:34 AM »
Its funny how this cycle works. Every year I tell myself I am going to get through the Holidays in control and invariably I wake up on New Years Morning 15 pounds heavier than I want to be, hung over, and barely able to do 25 pushups and maybe 7 pullups. Whereas at the beginning of October I can knock out 50 push ups and 15 pullups without even thinking twice about it.

For me things start crumbling in October at the end of my Surfing season. We start salmon and steelhead fishing really hard in October and nothing is better than a river beer (then another, and so on). Then a celebratory lunch/dinner at the bar (bar food tastes awesome after a day on the water).Then the holidays start and it's full on gluttony for me until I hate to even see food.

Then January comes and city league hoops start back up, and I am in a rush to get down into the 218 range so my heavy wetsuit has at least a little room in it to start surfing again in March. I do as most of you do, just eat real food and the weight takes care of itself. Meat, vegetables and fruit. For exercise I pick a different routine each year to follow. This year I am going to do wave cycling heavy weights along one of the Pavel Tsatsa (something) books and my normal mobility stuff. Shoulders feel so much better after only 2 weeks back on the wagon.
Make paddleboarding great again!

bbqSUPer

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Back to Primal Roots
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 02:42:30 PM »
179.  Almost back to where I was pre holiday.  6 more to go.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal