Author Topic: International Waterman website/journal  (Read 5870 times)

iwaterman

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
International Waterman website/journal
« on: July 16, 2007, 07:01:56 PM »
Aloha all,

Randy and Chantelle introduced me to this forum, which I hope does better than the one on the C4 website for the sake of the sport and its controlled growth.  They've also encouraged me to use this forum to advertise my own website and soon to be published journal - International Waterman - whose mission it is to publish an alternative journal to the existing monochromatic journals.  The writing will be captivating, the pictures not typical, and coverage will include interviews and biographies with watermen - people who do many things in the ocean and aren't married to the standard surfer paradigm.  Article subjects will include marine science, environmental awareness, political awareness, surfing, SUP, windsurfing, kiteboarding, outrigger canoeing, ocean kayaking, fishing, free diving.....basically anything you can do in the ocean.  One of the first interviews will be with Whitney Guild, who is a great waterman, SUP'er and due to be inducted into surfing's hall of fame at the end of this month.

Here's a link to the website:

www.international-waterman.com

also,
www.sdwaterman.com

Hope you'll visit and even participate in helping me grow International Waterman into a reality.  Please feel free to make requests for things you like to see or read about, and if you have some writing or photography talents that you'd like to share, please do so.

Mahalos and aloha to everyone.

Mike Pollard
Founder - International Waterman
858-354-6756

Rand

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: International Waterman website/journal
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 06:22:51 AM »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the links.  I think your concept is terrific and appreciate your posting them.  I smile when I hear the varied sports backgrounds (and combos)  that people are coming to stand up from.  Plenty participate in many, or all, of the sports you intend to cover.  Here,
http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=23.0, Andy talks about the community stoke for this new sport.  I could not agree more.  Some very unlikely groupings of people are out in the water, paddling, cruising, surfing, laughing, playing like kids. 

We will do our best to promote that side of the sport (and the related sports), and those who promote it.

Again, thanks for your participation,
Randy

photosettle

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 01:10:29 PM »
Not sure exactly what type of photography you are looking for (probably mostly of people on the water doing water sports) but if you ever find a use for the type of photography I do, just let me know.  Web page is www.shanesettle.com

All the best.

Shane

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »
Shane,
I have a photography addict in the family :), so I get called on to look at heaps of photographers' work, and these are truly a cut above.  Beautiful!

Thanks for the link,
Chan

Chan

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 05:15:49 PM »
Hi Mike,
I have been thinking about your international waterman project.  I share your interest in environmental awareness, and often write on the subject. I have recently completed some creative pieces for entry in two upcoming essay competitions, and I am currently working on a children’s book which will introduce children to the principle of logical fallacy.  Perhaps we can work together in the future.   

If you have a (long) moment, give this a read:

http://www.standupzone.com/thunder.htm

-Chan
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 05:20:02 PM by CHAN »

iwaterman

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:28:06 PM »
Aloha Chan,

I enjoyed reading your essays.  Please shoot me an email or call me at 858-354-6756 to disuss further.... 

Mahalos and aloha,

Mike

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal