Author Topic: SUP at ASR and more  (Read 2964 times)

iwaterman

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
SUP at ASR and more
« on: September 08, 2007, 08:03:19 PM »
Today Gregg Buckley and I visited the ASR show here in San Diego.  Two things caught my eye. The obvious first one - eye candy everywhere.  The second - also eye candy - but more intriging to me because I can actually touch and hold and have one if I like....massive amounts of SUP gear.  Seems like everyone and thier brother is jumping on the SUP bandwagon, although its easy to see who wants to capture the potential beginner market and make a few bucks, and whos in this for the long term.  Two booths stood out to me: C4 with Todd, Archie, Ted and Dave manning the booth, and Jeremy Fry and his 'wave rods'.  Oh yea, we saw the new Titus model SUB - 100% carbon fiber with a $2800 pricetag.

Other highlights: walking into the convention center, the first two people we saw were Greg Noll and Rabbit Keikai.  We stopped and talked to Rabbit for a few minutes - he was shopping for stuff to take home to the family so he didn't get in trouble.   Nice man.  Bill Hamilton had a shaping booth with windows and was shaping a board as we walked by. 

After a couple of hours we had seen enough and drove over to the San Diego Yacht Club where Gregg is a member.  We grabbed a seat outside next to the bay for lunch and Dennis Connro showed up at the table next to us.  Talk about a day filled with seeing and meeting some icons.....

To top everything off, I had two good sessions of SUP today, saw some good friends out in the water both times and now I'm about to devour a giant Mountain Mike's pizza.............hope you all had a good day.

~Aloha~

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal