Author Topic: C4 Waterman visits San Diego  (Read 3120 times)

iwaterman

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
C4 Waterman visits San Diego
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:23:05 AM »
Aloha friends,

Yesterday the C4 guys showed up at Cardiff Reef for a board demo and to spread thier great aloha spirit.  Todd Bradley, Dave Parmenter, Archie Kalepa and all of the SoCal rippers were there.  Ted Rutherford brought enough doughnuts and coffee for an army of paddlers (mahalos Ted!) and  Phil from Boardworks brought about 10 demo boards down, including the new shapes.

There was decent swell in the water with some head high sets, but the south wind came up early and made the conditions less than favorable with the wind chop.  The ooh's and ahh's were handed out generously as Dave was ripping- as usual.  I grew up on the Central Coast of California (Morro Bay/Cayuocs) and watched Dave rip shortboards - things haven't changed.

The new C4 shapes look awesome, although I think the only person that rode one was Todd.  Both on the short side (9'0" and 9"6"), one a swallow tail, and the one that really caught my eye - the bat wing with dual channels on the tail.  I can't wait to try one out.

Many mahalos from all of us to all the C4 guys - Hawaiian and local - for going out of thier way to set up this demo (the ASR show starts today and I can't imagine how much stuff they had going on).

Tim Mellors gets the award for furthest traveled, coming all the way from Corwall, UK.  He's a great guy with enough stories keep you intrigued for hours.  Tim brought a bar of soap out with him into the line-up...I think he said something about the water temp being close that of a warm bath back home.  That, coming from a man who surfs in ocean water that's on the verge of freezing over - now that's takes cajones.  I hope to meet up with Tim again to hear about more of his great adventures.

Mahalos to all all the C4 guys - great day at the beach!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: C4 Waterman visits San Diego
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »
Aloha friends,

Yesterday the C4 guys showed up at Cardiff Reef for a board demo and to spread thier great aloha spirit.  Todd Bradley, Dave Parmenter, Archie Kalepa and all of the SoCal rippers were there. 

I hope they come to Surf Expo next week. Don't forget, there is an east coast too. Please........ ;D

shapeshifter

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 02:17:05 PM »
i'm getting all sorts of reports from asr that sup-in's happenin' down there at the asr!!!
whoever invented the hole... knew nothing.
...ooooO...................
...(.......)......Ooooo....
....\.....(.......(.......).....
.....\.__)........)...../.....
...................(__./......

Elcpal

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
Is there any chance the C4 crew will visit the SLO/SB/Ventura area after the ASR this weekend.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal