Author Topic: Coconut Ice Cream  (Read 856 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Coconut Ice Cream
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:18:42 PM »
I think Mike's Ice Cream in Hood River gets their ice cream from Prince Puckler in Eugene. Someone at Prince Puckler has apparently spent the summer perfecting Coconut ice cream.

I noticed last year that their coconut ice cream was pretty good--a serious contender to LeiLani's Haupia in Hawaii. This summer they picked it up, kept tweaking all summer, and this afternoon I had a transcendent coconut ice cream cone.

It could be a random thing, or it could be someone there is working hard on this. I assume the latter since the ice cream flavors are all excellent. but the coconut is magic. I won't even describe it. All I'll say is that it tastes like someone took a fresh, perfect coconut, and turned it somehow into ice cream. Ridiculously good. Only the roll of belly protruding over my belt prevented me from going back and buying a gallon to go.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Coconut Ice Cream
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:32:40 PM »
OK, I'm sure that it's not nearly as good, but Golden Spoon as the pretty good coconut frozen yogurt....that when you drizzle some hot fudge over it, and you've got a warm and frozen Mounds bar.  Yum!!

Toss on some shaved almonds, and you just kicked it up to an Almond Joy candy bar.  Way too good.... :o
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal