Author Topic: Anybody ride the Infinity Team Label (TL) board?  (Read 10114 times)

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anybody ride the Infinity Team Label (TL) board?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 04:10:23 PM »
That is right !
The Boardworks Infinity Phoenix's are in now...

I also have L41's
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

Socalsupper70

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
love my V3 Phoenix-good looking board Anon!
those big half moons are so fast-perfect for the mush at dogpatch-trails etc...
Any reason you did not go for 4 boxes to run quads?
HE>I.com
Instagram- @supjuan

anonsurfer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 06:35:41 PM »
love my V3 Phoenix-good looking board Anon!
those big half moons are so fast-perfect for the mush at dogpatch-trails etc...
Any reason you did not go for 4 boxes to run quads?

The green/orange Phoenix is the Infinity demo board I tried out: 7'6" x 29" x 4" x 103L.  It is a prototype of the new production Phoenix's from Boardworks.  Dave Boehne says the Phoenix is designed to be a twin and I am not going to disagree :-)

My 7'10" x 30" x 118L has quad boxes but the twin setup is so much fun I have not tried a quad setup yet.   I mostly surf slow/mushy Doho but it is also fun in faster beach break due to it's speed.
Home Break: Doheny
Tic Tac v3 (Hoglet): 6' 6" x 23" x 3.6" x 67L
Omni: 6' 9" x 23" x 3.75" x 68L
Tic Tac (OG): 7' 0" x 22.75" x 3.5" x 70L
In The Pink (Incoming): 8' 0" x 22.9" x 3.25" x 70L

Blackproject Surge S77 (Soft Flex Shaft, T-Grip, +0" OH)

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 07:23:58 PM »
That is right !

I also have L41's

I'm interested in those.  However, I surf mostly in Huntington and Newport so I don't know.  Don't go to SanO very often.  I look forward to hearing what you have to say. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 08:59:12 PM »
That is right !

I also have L41's

I'm interested in those.  However, I surf mostly in Huntington and Newport so I don't know.  Don't go to SanO very often.  I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Right now you can try the 8'0" L41 SS3

Pick up the Phoenix's next week..
Ralph
Sup-position

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 07:22:36 AM »
I have a team label in carbon. Its 8'2 x 30.5. It works well. I ordered it with the squash tail and quad set up. Its light, and performs well with plenty of speed and rail to rail action.  If you are a skillful surfer, this board is a great option. I considered the v2 and that series but I am glad I ordered the more traditional shape. It works well in the beach breaks I usually ride and can hang with the bigger waves but when its well overhead I grab my bigger wave board.
If I order another TL it will be 29.5 wide with the wide point dropped a couple of inches back and a little thicker to make up for the narrowness. My board is supposed to be 120 liter. It floats my 200 lbs in rubber just fine.
My carbon board is holding up fine. I don't abuse it but I do use it and footwells are starting to form. All my boards get them. A badge of use.

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 09:14:27 AM »
I have a team label in carbon. Its 8'2 x 30.5. It works well. I ordered it with the squash tail and quad set up. Its light, and performs well with plenty of speed and rail to rail action.  If you are a skillful surfer, this board is a great option. I considered the v2 and that series but I am glad I ordered the more traditional shape. It works well in the beach breaks I usually ride and can hang with the bigger waves but when its well overhead I grab my bigger wave board.
If I order another TL it will be 29.5 wide with the wide point dropped a couple of inches back and a little thicker to make up for the narrowness. My board is supposed to be 120 liter. It floats my 200 lbs in rubber just fine.
My carbon board is holding up fine. I don't abuse it but I do use it and footwells are starting to form. All my boards get them. A badge of use.
Can you post pictures of the boards with fin location Please..
Ralph
Sup-position

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 10:34:51 AM »
Here ya go. I hope it works.

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 12:46:49 PM »
BIGGER pics tuberider BIGGER. That thing looks sweet!!! Can't imagine what that thing set you back? Congrats. You must be proud.

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 01:19:38 PM »
I reduced picture size for the post. Thought I had size limits.
Any way it is sweet. I ordered it and waited 4 months to get it. Price started around $1800 and then I added better but the smallest fins I could get and had to pay the state their share and get a tee or two and sandals so out the door around 2100.  It is a carbon layup and a comparable stbd would be around 3k. I am happy with it but next order will be a little narrower, a little thicker and the wide point closer to center.
The kevlar boards were around 2200. Next order may be a carbon kevlar combination.
My last board was the carbon 8'5 wave pro. I still have it, I just don't love it as much anymore. It is still a keeper if I break my TL I have an instant replacement.   

Did I mention light and stiff and durable. I don't think I will ever go back to a normal standard glass job. To me its worth the premium in price. Surfing is my joy and premium light and stiff boards just bring more of it.

jondrums

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 12:21:56 AM »
dont be afraid of the volume drop
when you first get on it you will immediately think oh no i made a huge mistake
then the magic starts to happen when you take off on the first few waves, you start figuring it out and after a little bit you wonder why did i not do this sooner!

I have the opposite opinion.  I bought the board I wanted 6 months later, and it took me a full year to get confident on it.  Eventually I really enjoyed it, but even then every once in a while I fell while maneuvering into position or going for a wave.  I went a little bit bigger, and now I have way more fun catching waves at will and "staying dry" for the most part.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal