Author Topic: Paddle for the Bays: RACE Cape Cod September 20, 2014  (Read 3258 times)

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Paddle for the Bays: RACE Cape Cod September 20, 2014
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:42:32 PM »
Who is going to take the title fastest paddler on Cape Cod? Come and find out September 20, 2014 at Ropes Beach, Cotuit, MA.

Click link below for more information, scroll down for registration and view of race course. Btw... we just added another division a 12'6" race board 10 miler men and woman.

http://www.3bays.org/events/2014/9/20/paddle-for-the-bays-race-cape-cod

ogdog

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Paddle for the Bays: RACE Cape Cod September 20, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:25:20 PM »
I'm in !  Not sure I'll be taking the title though, but looks like a great time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
9' 0 allwave
11' laird
12' 6" Naish Javelin

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 02:17:20 PM »
What? No senior unlimited clydesdale class..... :(.... ;)

See you there!
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

freetobeme

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »
A well run race at the perfect Cape location. And cool trophies!  :)
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear" - George Addair

CoreVac Cannibal BOMB 8'8

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 08:25:38 AM »
Just another reminder not to late to register online. Don't forget about the Silent Auction dinner catered by Burrito Bistro (B2's) Friday night September 19th at the VFW Hall in Osterville, MA across from Wimpy's Restaurant.

http://www.3bays.org/events/2014/9/20/paddle-for-the-bays-race-cape-cod

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 07:57:19 AM »
Done....hope to make it Friday night too.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:53:26 AM »
PERFECT conditions for Race Day, Saturday, September 20. Sunny SSE 5-10 ideal conditions for a record breaking race. Lets hope the forecast holds.

I've done over 200 loops around the island race course SE wind which is rare in these parts is my favorite wind direction. Most of the course will be shielded from the wind with the wind to your back going down the Seapuit River. If the forecast holds up I predict very fast times.

Stoney bring that long stick.  :D

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »
Last count 83 registered online with more to register in person. Hope to hit a 100 by race time Saturday morning.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 06:19:02 PM »
Fun day, great venue, good competition, lots of stoke, well organized and run. Congrats on another good one.

It says a lot for how its run that I managed to enjoy myself. Started the day with one of my damn headaches and feeling dizzy. Almost pulled the plug but the truck was loaded and calling my name and this is pretty much the last event of the season up here. I was thinking about changing to 14 and paddling the Vec since my head was a going sideways but the challenge is what makes it better so I decided to stick with the Speedboard. I don't do her justice, such a fast board but it needs a better engine. Even with a pretty big ventral fin it feels unstable to me and I have a hard time applying full power and getting far enough up to trim and release the tail, especially on a bad day. Top it off with a bum finger from Wednesdays surf and I was wondering WTF I was doing during the ride to the Cape. Great to see everyone though and the great vibe quickly lifted my spirits. The race started out OK with mostly left side paddling with the S wind but once we made the 1st turn and had to start switching sides my finger let me know what an ass I was. I pulled up lame after 5 miles with little demons sticking needles in the knuckle and throbbing like a toothache. Not like I was going to see the podium anyway but frustrating to be a DNF. You know you're going slow when the 12-6's that started the 5 mile race 5 minutes after unlimited pass you on the way to the beach..... >:(  :P
Bob

Weed

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
I saw that bad boy finger all splinted up when I asked you what happened. Stupid me, it didn't even register that you needed that hand to paddle until just now reading your post. That plus the headache and dizzy feeling.

I was thinking about pulling out myself my back has been bothering me for a couple of weeks but decided to give it a go. I get into the best position possible for the start right next to the starter tug boat 5-4-3-2-1- horn off I go. lol... not more than 6 inches to a foot off the line I get creamed from behind by another racer. Bang, land on my back on the board then into the water. I can't even get back on my board there so many racers around me. Finally what seemed like 5 minutes I get back on my board and said to myself, well, that was a fun race. I was all set to turn around and call it a day when I said to myself, nope, can't do it, go to finish. I believe I came in last in the Mens, first in my division (old farts). Oh, yeah... I was the only one in my division.

ogdog

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »
Great event,  getting closer to that podium !  Although highlight for me was meeting stoneaxe, supthecreek ,weed and cyclops in real life !!
9' 0 allwave
11' laird
12' 6" Naish Javelin

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal