Author Topic: Do you use a paddle cover?  (Read 4757 times)

TN_SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do you use a paddle cover?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 06:44:23 AM »
The Kenalu bag only has a small divider to separate the blades. With 2 paddles in, when you pull one out, the handle slides against the shaft of the remaining paddle and chips/scrapes the T part of the handle. I now put socks over handles to prevent this, but still would prefer a full length divider.

'13 SB Sprint, '15 SIC X-14 ProLite, RH Coastal Cruiser, Think EZE Ski, Kenalu Konihi 84  & Mana

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 06:57:31 AM »
Yes but I use it more to protect the interior of my car than for the paddle.

same here but also take it out for storage....

supdiscobay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 08:54:35 AM »
This video is one reason why I bought full paddle covers, for all my paddles.  not just blade covers. How many time do we lean a paddle up against something and have it fall over.  If it hits a sharp corner, your paddle may be broke, but as Jim says, you won't know till your are out paddling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFK4DS-eXvE
8'5" Starboard Pocket Rocket, 8'0" Kazuma Fugu custom,  8'10" Kings Sidewinder, 10' Starboard Noserider, 14' BARK Carbon Dominator, SIC F16 V3, KeNalu and Quickblade paddles, 19' Eaton Prone, 67" Goode 9700

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 02:31:57 PM »
Ke Nalu bags have loops for shoulder straps and a carry handle. When we were having the first ones made I looked at all the shoulder straps I have that I've never used and decided not to pay for one more. Might have been a mistake. Anyway, the loops are there if you have a strap kicking around.

To answer the question, I rarely use covers except for air travel or long road trips. My truck has a bed liner so it's pretty easy on the blades anyway, though they knock on other things and some show the wear and tear. I should use them, but I rarely do.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 03:51:38 PM »
I have a few blade covers I don't use. I just started using a Ke Nalu bag but only because Bill left one behind...I like the fact that I can easily strap it to my rack. I fold the velcro over the post and back over the shaft and snap the buckle....very secure, then just bungee it at the other post. It's out of the way, not banging around it the bed with my other gear, and while I hadn't thought of it, a good reminder to not forget a paddle....not as good as DJ's but a big red bag next to my door is pretty good... :)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal