Author Topic: Hawaii Kai Run 6/7-6/8?  (Read 3462 times)

JF808

• Peahi Status
  • From Big Island!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hawaii Kai Run 6/7-6/8?
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:50:26 PM »
Looking to hook up with anyone doing hawaii kai this weekend. Coming from BI, I know get some trades going and was wondering if we have zoners who can hook up with to do a run, borrow board and paddle too.

Sat. Afternoon, or Sunday Morning

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Hawaii Kai Run 6/7-6/8?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:50:19 PM »
Get in touch with Robert Stehlick at Blue Planet. He's here on the zone. Best person to talk to about boards, shuttles, etc..
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

JF808

• Peahi Status
  • From Big Island!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:58:26 PM »
Gonna be kinda hard to hook up with him. Wet Feet/Blue Planet WPA race this Sat. on the north shore. Already talked with a HK downwind SUP group. But they not sure if that run will be good this weekend, even with the winds expected. Just curious if there were zoners keen on it.

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:53:40 AM »
JF, yes we are running the Sunset Beach to Haleiwa race on Saturday and that should be a fun downwind run.
Jeff is also running his trailer on Sunday, here is the information from his weekly e-mail:

Wet Feet Trailer for June 7 and 8 and Race Info

Trailer Sunday only at 9am at the Elks Club.  Drop at Hawaii Kai then at Makapuu Beach.

Saturday Wet Feet/Blue Planet Race from Sunset to Haleiwa Alii Beach 7 miles downwind!! You can enter online here by Thursday midnight and save $5:
https://paddleguru.com/races/HawaiiWPANationalRace

We will be running 2 shuttles for the race leaving Haleiwa Alii Beach at 9am and 10am. Cost is $10.

If you would like to see the Hawaii SUP race schedule it is here:
http://www.wetfeethawaii.com/2014-SUP-Race-Schedule.pdf

Cost is for a trailer ride is $10 or buy a multi-ride pass, $40 for 5 rides and $75 for 10 rides. RSVP by responding to this email.

Aloha,

Wet Feet
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

Boludo

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 07:29:03 AM »
blueplanetsurf,

I will be on Oahu June 12-19.  Let me know if there are any good downwinders that you plan to do during those dates.  If so, I'd love some details.  I won't have any equipment with me so will need to grab some from you if I do any.  I would want some good conditions though to take me away from surfing.
Thanks!

JF808

• Peahi Status
  • From Big Island!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 05:04:25 PM »
Nah, I don't plan on doing the race. Not why I'm up here, no time.  But a HK run can. I'm staying Waikiki now.  Can see caps ripping around diamond head. Just waiting to hear back from some guys who went north shore this morn. Supposed to hook me up with board and paddle.

... Worse case walk to waik's rent a SUP and surf

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal