Author Topic: 2014 Jimmy Lewis M-14 (pics)  (Read 30121 times)

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Jimmy Lewis M-14 (pics)
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2019, 01:52:08 AM »
Thanks guys!    Creek.  Loved the Point Break...but doesnt really suit my needs. 

Going to be 85% flatwater with the other 15% catching little (under knee)bumps while doing some distance.   I think the PT BRK will just be too slow of a paddler with all that rocker.  and i dont paddle distance to get to breaks,.  Unfortunately everything break 15 feet from shore here in NJ.

for example....I sold my 10'6 style because i felt it had too much rocker for flatwater with the occasional small knee bump.  (PS it was hard as it was one of my favorite boards ever when conditions were right but overlapped too much with my 8'6 groveler and prone log)
I’m not sure you need a DW board at all. If it’s 85% flat water you do, with only occasional little surf then a hybrid raceboard would do that well. I often surf my SIC RS in little waves. And it’s more fun for flat water than my downwind boards. Planing-style heavily rockered downwind boards make great all-conditions cruisers, but if your conditions are nearly always flat(ish) then it can be taking a gun to a knife fight.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal