Author Topic: Zone Upgrade  (Read 47653 times)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
Re: Zone Upgrade
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 08:36:32 AM »
Hi Guys,

Still a work in progress.

A few notes:

SouthWesterly, your 90 second edit capability should be active now.

We will rebuild all of the "recent" tabs up top.

Time Zone offset can be set per user in your profiles.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
I don't know if it's just me, but I've never had a modify or edit button after a post.
It really helps when you find missspellled words after you hit the post button.
Is it just me with this problem?
I just tried it on this and it worked for me.   In the past, it didn't show up when I was looking at my new post in the thread.  But if I clicked on the topic (the bold "Re:  Thread topic" in the top line of my post, then the post would reappear at the top of the screen and the modify button would be there in the upper right, for an hour or so after your post. 

But now I don't even have to do that.  I just looked at my post and there the button was was in the upper right.  In fact everything you see here is a modification from my original post.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:30:24 AM by pdxmike »

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »
One comment...it's going to be annoying having flashing ads on all sides with the threads squeezed into the middle.

Yes, the new format is making me feel even more narrow minded than usual. ;D

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 11:40:37 AM »
I can no longer zoom into the page (Firefox Mac), it just zooms the text. Any hints on how to do this?

SUPnKev

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
Maybe its my computer, or maybe its that the beautification hasnt been completed yet, but all the threads seem to be squished in on the sides. This means when there are photos, I have to use the scroll sideways slider to see it a bit at a time.  Not optimal. It didnt used to be that way.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 12:17:20 PM »
Is there a way to set up e-mail notifications when someone replies to a thread you've posted on? I looked through my profile but I'm not clever enough to figure it out.

Yes, It is in the notifications section of your profile.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »
Is Tapatalk working with the upgrade? I'm wanting to put it on my phone, but want to make sure it works first.

It is installed but it is throwing errors.  I think it is a reverification issue but I have a ticket open with the developer.  I hope to have that solved today.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
I'm kinda missing the Recent Topics tab.  :-[

There is (now) a new "recents" tab up top which combines all of the recent options into a single drop-down.  There are other additions to the menu as well.  I cracked something in the process which is only showing these options to users that are logged in but I hope to have this corrected for guests later today.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 12:26:44 PM »
I can no longer zoom into the page (Firefox Mac), it just zooms the text. Any hints on how to do this?

Weird, zoom is working for me on Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari and Opera.  What version are you running?

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
Testing the edit button.

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 12:37:01 PM »
Thank you so much pdxmike. I don't know if it was always like that or not.
I feel like a total kook.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2014, 12:41:26 PM »
I'm kinda missing the Recent Topics tab.  :-[

There is (now) a new "recents" tab up top which combines all of the recent options into a single drop-down.  There are other additions to the menu as well.  I cracked something in the process which is only showing these options to users that are logged in but I hope to have this corrected for guests later today.

Mmmm, not quite yet.  This is actually only showing for admins...but trust me it is really nice :)

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2014, 04:23:28 PM »
But now I don't even have to do that.  I just looked at my post and there the button was was in the upper right.  In fact everything you see here is a modification from my original post.
Thank you so much pdxmike. I don't know if it was always like that or not.
Mine has always just seemed to be there for a bit after I post. After a bit it disappears and the gate is closed. Certainly had to be signed in but it was just always there. I have found it funny you were going around with out one, I think you even said it used to be there, and also strange there is another step for some to take.
Does everyone else have the syllable rhymer and thesaurus in the bottom left corner?

SupGa

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 05:54:07 PM »
Over half the page is now being taken up by flashing ads, very annoying, can't see the time stamp on post as the right hand side is hidden by the flashing ads. Is there a way to disable the ads?

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 06:46:13 PM »
Zoom works in Firefox and Chrome. If you choose zoom in or out from the menu the increment is very small. If you do it via keystroke it's bigger--odd, but I tried several times and actually measured. I also found that checking "zoom text only" works well--it didn't work on the old site.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:48:16 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal